Earliest disembarkation from San Pedro

vinnytman

We're going on a Mexican cruise in December, and wanted to know the earliest we can get off the ship once back in San Pedro?

NCL says they dock @ 8am and usually start letting people off by 9am. Just wondering if anyone has taken this cruise recently and has been able to get off earlier than 9am? We're trying to plan flights out of Long Beach so the time is a factor.

Thx,

Tim

I'm surprised no one posted. This usually brings up a lot of stories. The earliest I think they've made it available is 730. YOu cannot count on that though. If you are in the haven you have a chance of getting of first. What time are you looking at flying? How willing are you to be stressed out after a lovely cruise? Are you willing to pay more for a car service to take wait for you? In other words is speed or price more important?

Thanks for replying. We're sailing on the Star in the Garden Villa -- never been on an NCL cruise before or that many cruises for that matter.

But you bring up an excellent point about how rushed we want to be. So it's either a 10:15am flight out of Long Beach or a 12:30pm flight out of LAX. I'm really leaning towards the LAX option to give us more time in case the ship docks late or something unforeseen comes up. I know the 10:15am option is probably cutting it too close.

Edited by vinnytman

So we've done the star GV a couple of times before and my family just did it again last week. First you will love it. They will have a limo for you if you go to lax so why not use that GV perk? You might make the long beach flight but again why rush. I like to have one last hot breakfast from cagneys then let the conceirge walk you off the ship. They can't help in customs but they will met you on the other side and put you in the limos. Do you have far to fly?

We don't have far to fly -- to Seattle. So we're thinking of flying into Long Beach on Alaska Airlines the night before the cruise, and just taking Virgin back from LAX (I love Virgin) after the cruise.

I've only been on 2 cruises in my life (both on HAL). I'm not an avid cruiser like my parents who go on 3-4 cruises a year. I've never been on NCL, and the 3 other people staying in the GV with us have never cruised before. So it should be interesting.

Thanks for the advice of not rushing it the morning we get back :)

Thx,

Tim

What date in Dec?

RT on Alaska Airlines from Seattle into LAX would be a great deal on price. Take advantage of the Limo service. LAX is not far from port.

Of course I love Alaska Air as my daughter is a FA. We cruise Dec7th on Star.

You will be spoiled rotten in the GV.

Yes virgin back to Seattle will work. Have your TA give the flight info to ncl. It looks like you have a friend now for the cruise too. :-). There's lots posted on ncl and the GVs but if you have any questions ask. It looks like your new to the boards.

Yes, I am new to the boards. I'm not an avid cruiser like my parents are and no one we know has gone on NCL before.

I appreciate how friendly everyone is on this board since I'm probably asking questions that have been asked & answered a 1000 times before :)

But I'm just looking forward to 7 days of R&R since this is my first vacation in 4 years.