Y Cat. oceanview on Majesty

Has anyone ever traded in their room for a oceanview category Y guarantee? We are leaving on 8/15 and have 2 assigned rooms in category H (3rd floor) oceanview. The category Y states it could be ANY oceanview cabin on the ship. Are there rooms that may still be available but not listed as open cabins? Has anyone ever taken this level guarantee and wished they didn't? I'm looking at a savings of $800($200 per person) if I make the switch (my TA said it could be done) and the rooms we have right now are not any special rooms. It's just an unbelievable savings but I don't want to worry about "getting what you paid for and wishing I just kept the rooms we had." Right now the rooms are next to each other, but that isn't even very important. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!

Robin

To save I would do a inside room. You are not in your room much so why spend the extra cash. You are sailing most of the time at night. So you don't see much anyway. As you can see I've done the Majesty twice. You aren't miss much having a inside room.:D

Also I have done guarantee rooms before and they were always nice. But remember if you are with a group. Your group might be scatter around the ship some. But most of the time within a deck or two. But you are saving money !!!

We are kind of doing the same thing right now. However, ours is a little different. We had a room assigned on the Radiance as a category H and then when I saw guarantees become available we switched but to a Category H Guarantee. If you do the Y then you could get put in a I cabin which is deck 2, which doesn't have the picture window it has two portholes, which to me wasn't going to be so nice. Our price had gone up so it didn't save us any money, but as we were going to be in an adjoinging room (that we didn't need) we gave it up and figured we'd roll the dice for an upgrade or at least the lowest we would be was on deck three in a H room. You are looking to save some money, so if you don't mind the possibility of being on deck 2 with portholes, go for it. We made our final payment already but don't have an assignment as yet so I can't tell you if it was worth it or not. For saving $800 you could get a couple of massages and some drinks-of-the-day and I don't think it would matter what room you were in! ;) Good luck!

That's great to know about level 2 - however for the last few days there have been no rooms available on a cat. I. Would they move someone up from a Cat. I and then put us in or would they select the rooms available on the rcci website?

I don't know how it works.... There are only 30 some cabins listed on the website for our cruise and people have said that the fewwer rooms available the sooner you get a room assigned to you. The rooms that are left are mostly suites too and some insides which we shouldn't get whatsoever, but there are only 2 in the oceanview category and they are both the family size one. I don't know if they would take people from balconies and put them in suites and the put us in their balcony (assuming of course the fairy visits us) or if they would leave the balcony people and put us in a suite? I'm not sure how all that works.... our first cruise really.... if you do it, let me know how it goes... we sail in October....

Archived