Carnival Elation or Triumph?

We've been on the Triumph when it was sailing out of New Orleans, and will ve on the Elation one week from today. After Triumph twice and Elation several times, you will be happy with either one. If you want to see Galveston, take the Triumph, it's a bigger ship. If you want to see New Orleans, take the Elation. But make it 3 days extra if you can. You can't see much in the city if you come on one day early or stay one day later. So much to see, and not all of it in the French Quarter. The Aquarium of the Americas is right on the river at the foot of Canal St. across from Harrah's. The French Quarter is down river, the plantations are up river a few miles, take a tour, ride a horse drawn carriage, take a ride on the Natches Paddlewheeler down river. Take a ride and see the sights, take a swamp tour while you are visiting the plantations. I'm a local so I'm biased, but I love this city. Have fun on your cruise, which ever you take.

The Elation will be drydocked this October for its upgrades

Are you sure? We will be on the Elation in November. When I do a mock booking for October on the Elation it is still showing sail dates? I would love it if the upgrades were done before we sail in November. :)

The Triumph was our first cruise, out of NOLA in 2010. LOVED the ship and I LOVE New Orleans! 2011 said Elation from NOLA and wasn't as impressed for many reasons. The Triumph is bigger and you can feel that when she's sailing. We are going on cruise #4 this summer, to Alaska, that first cruise is still our favorite so far. The staff and service were amazing then too.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forums mobile app

The Triumph was our first cruise, out of NOLA in 2010. LOVED the ship and I LOVE New Orleans! 2011 said Elation from NOLA and wasn't as impressed for many reasons. The Triumph is bigger and you can feel that when she's sailing. We are going on cruise #4 this summer, to Alaska, that first cruise is still our favorite so far. The staff and service were amazing then too.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forums mobile app

If I were choosing ships, I would have gone with the Triumph. We were just in Galveston 2 months ago, loved the beach town during the day, but we want to see something new. We probably won't be able to spend 3 days in NOLA, but we'll look for a good tour for 1 day in town. I've already got excursions eyeballed in port, Mayan ruins and sail boating!

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor