Goodies/Gifts for Kids?

IMKTDQT810

I ordered the Teen Package for my 14 yo son and the family beach package for my 18 yo son thru Carnival. I have it marked for delivery on the evening that we sail away. We have 5 port stops (all of which are primarily beach time) so they should get good use out of it all. I'd prefer to pay a little more and not have to go buy all the stuff and drag it on board.

Edited by bizeemom4

They have a new card game at Walmart that is the flip flop card game. You have to match up cards to get unique sets and it features surfboards and sunglasses. Mom and I got it to playing the plane but it'd be good for kids or teens too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I am the WORST! I know there is plenty for DD6 to do on board, yet I am taking "day packs" with things for her to spread out through the day to keep ME sane! Stuff like activity Disney color packs for dinner (they are compact), one sweet (something she can't get on the ship like gum), one snack for bedtime (she always wants something immediately before bed and it sure beats her whining till room service gets there), a small token gift for each day (a dolphin stuffed animal to surprise her on dolphin excursion day she won't know about...), sand toys and blow up beach toys for EACH port (so I do not have to lug them back in each port and store something that has been blown up before....they are so cheap and I can keep it different each day!), a bon voyage bag with things she can use on the ship like a water bottle, some koolaid packets, a scrunchie wrist band for her sign and sail card, sunglasses, etc. OK....I told you I am bad! I will need a suitcase JUST for this stuff! Hopefully after it is used it will leave room for everything else she buys to come home! LOL!

I would spend a little more and get them a digital camera. You can pick up a cheap one for under $50 at the cannon website.

Have them take their own pictures to document the trip and then when you get home you can make a photo book. Giving them their own camera allows them to capture the memories that are important to them.

Another option is getting them the disposable cameras. Those are getting a little harder to find and then you need to pay to get them put on a disc or developed.

I saw a 12 meg camera on the cannon site for $35 last week.

We dud this for our 7&8 year olds and the still look at their books, and they still use their cameras.

Great ideas! Last year when DS was 3, we ordered the bear/gift package from Bon Voyage. It had a little stuffed Carnival bear, beach pail and shovel, draw string Carnival bag and a coloring book with crayons. He absolutely loved it waiting there for him in the room. It was pricey, but saved us hassle and we didn't have to bring beach toys that way. This year he'll be 4 when we cruise so I will probably put together something myself with the great suggestions above. It's cute how they feel so special and start the cruise off even more excited.

OH! That is another thing we have done! I have started a "kit" at home and DD6 and I buy a little something each week to put in it (her a tube of travel size toothpaste, etc.) she is SO excited about out kit! She also started sticking any money she gets in there to save! LOL! BUT the one thing I did do was buy her a digital camera at Target for about $30 marked down and I am letting her practice taking pictures this summer while her sisters are here so that she is ready to go in August! I promised her that if she will take some fun ones we will make a book! I love that idea! This is such a FUN age!

PLUS....buying little things over time like that helps the budget when it comes time to go! Little to no rushing around at the last minute if I direct her purchases from the beginning!