I have not sailed without a balcony since _______!

Our first 6 cruises balconys and one extended balcony on one of the Hawaii trips. Took a short day with 32 family members and took an Ov on the second deck and really liked it. Just did 28 days last oct &nov on the sunshine med & transatlantic cruise in 2170. Ov again and loved it. We could see the weather and water and found we spent more time out doing things. If the price is right we'd do either.

We mix it up just about every cruise. With my mother we need an accessible cabin for 3 so often that limits our choices.

We've had insides (both of our Royal cruises were in the same inside cabin), oceanview (on Carnival and coming up on Celebrity) and balconies (all of our DCL cruises, one of my Carnival, and one of our upcoming Celebrity cruises).

Truthfully we don't really use the balcony all that much. Most of the time, I'd rather save the money to cruise more often. Sometimes, though (like on the Celebrity Equinox) to get a HA cabin for 3, we have to do a balcony.

Unless you are a smoker, a balcony is not worth the extra money. We have had three (thankfully one was a free upgrade). We've had smokers on both sides. One time one side would let the balcony door slam throughout the night while they took cigarette breaks. They would also leave the balcony light on during the night. I'm sure that's not always the case, but three times (out of 50 cruises) was enough - unless we are offered another free upgrade. Personally, I'm very happy and comfortable with an interior. Afterall, staterooms are mostly for sleeping, showering and changing clothes. We generally don't spend a lot of time in the room. It would be like being stuck in my bedroom at home.

I enjoy relaxing in my BR @ home;) wish it had a balcony and ocean attached to it.

I get claustrophobic, nice to have the extra room and personal space especially when you have an aft wrap.

We all know that for most of us, once we go balcony, it is VERY HARD to go back.:eek:

SO I can say that I have not sailed without a balcony since July 2003.

The first balcony I had was on RCCL Navigator, and I have not sailed without one since, and I doubt I ever would.

Let's see who has gone the longest, fill in the blank.:D

Carnival Legend Family Cruise- 7-1-2012 was last time without a balcony.

With our 5/4/14 cruise it will be 5 in a row!

Ok. All you balcony lovers broke me down, we upgraded to a balcony from an ocean view for this upcoming cruise. All this talk of relaxing with a cup of coffee and enjoying the view, sunset, etc is what got me! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums