Valletta - Directions to Barrakka Lift and Lascaris War Rooms

We will be docking at the Valletta Waterfront and plan on exploring the city on our own. Can anyone please give me specific directions from the cruise ship to the Barrakka lift? I've read that its about 5-10 minute walk to access the lifts, but I'm not sure what direction etc. My mom has mobility issues (can walk, but not for long periods, especially in the heat), so I want to make sure we know the way.

Also - does anyone know how to get to the Lascaris War Rooms from the cruise ship?

We are planning to visit St. John's, Upper Barrakka Gardens, and shop/walk on Republic and Merchant (been told these are the main "flat" streets). We're undecided if we should add one more sight and visit Grandmaster's Palace, Casa Rocca Piccola, or the Lascaris War Rooms. Any one have any recommendations between the 3? We will have 2 kids with us as well.

Thanks!

The lift to the upper town is located inside the parking garage which is directly across the street from the cruise dock. You will see the up ramp, which you need to follow around and then get on the elevator provided for the automobile parkers to the top floor, which will take you out to the large traffic circle directly in front of the entrance to the walled city.

Usually there are horse-drawn carriages right in front of the lower entrance to this garage.

However, if you want to go the Lascaris War Rooms, you instead would follow the lower street right at the docks around to the right a bit and after it turns back inland, you then climb up some steps to the entrance to the War Rooms. The tour there is fascinating and I highly recommend it.

Not sure which of the three sights you mention that I would recommend for the children; probably not the Casa Rocca Piccolo.