Duty free/ paid?

missalto

Sailing on Azura and for the first time in many cruises we stop at Gib on the way out instead of it being our last port of call.

Am still a bit confused about duty free / duty paid. I know that all the ports we will visit are in EU but Gib is counted as not. Does this mean that we are limited based on the allowances that apply to Gib for the entire itinerary back into Uk or are you allowed to do both ie the more liberal allowances that apply to all other EU stops which are either in Spain or Portugal.

Am guessing that if wine was bought in a local supermarket then a label around the top would indicate duty paid for that item?

Sailing on Azura and for the first time in many cruises we stop at Gib on the way out instead of it being our last port of call.

Am still a bit confused about duty free / duty paid. I know that all the ports we will visit are in EU but Gib is counted as not. Does this mean that we are limited based on the allowances that apply to Gib for the entire itinerary back into Uk or are you allowed to do both ie the more liberal allowances that apply to all other EU stops which are either in Spain or Portugal.

Am guessing that if wine was bought in a local supermarket then a label around the top would indicate duty paid for that item?

When in Gibraltar you can only bring back 1 litre of spirits each and 200 cigarettes but in the EU ports your limits are much higher!

Our last cruise we bought a litre each on the ship (classed as non EU) and also bought a couple in Barcelona - just keep your receipts in case you get stopped by customs.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

What is the maximum you can buy on board duty free ? Last year my husband and myself only bought one litre of whiskey each as we thought this was the limit ??? Also how much is a bottle of whisky on room service ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What is the maximum you can buy on board duty free ? Last year my husband and myself only bought one litre of whiskey each as we thought this was the limit ??? Also how much is a bottle of whisky on room service ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On board sales are classed as duty free so limit is 1 litre of spirits assuming the ship is calling at a non EU duty port.

You can buy more duty paid in an EU port.

Brian

Edited by BrianI

Spirits bought in the duty free shop are only available to be collected the day before disembarkation and therefore you will not be able to drink them in your cabin. You can still order a bottle of whisky via room service for use in your cabin and according to P&O FAQ the prices are: Glenfiddich £36, Johnnie Walker £36, Jack Daniels £32, Jamieson £26. You can always take a bottle onboard with you for cabin use.