Transfers in Seattle to "New" Port

curtdesilets

Doe anyone here know the price for transfers from the Seattle-Tacoma airport to the new port (for Westerdam)? We usually take a cab to the old port as it isn't as far. A cab to the new port would probably be about double the cost.

Thanks in Advance!

One way you can determine this is to look at the prices of a post-cruise excursion with and without the transfer. The difference is the price of the transfer alone. I've always found the pre-cruise transfer price to be the same as the post-cruise.

This site will help you estimate the taxi fare:

http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Seattle

Looks to me to be about $50.

Whenever I've compared taxi fares vs HAL transfers, the per-person transfer price is usually about the same as a taxi for two.

Edited by jtl513

Bus transfers -- you usually have to wait until several planes arrive and the bus has a decent load. Sometimes the bus will stop at a couple of hotels to drop off passengers at hotels who may be cruising out a day or later before it heads to the pier.

We use AlreadyThereTownCar which is about $5 - $10 more than a taxi -- depends on traffic. Their service has a set price and a much bigger car to ride in. A taxi can be cramped and if there is a lot of traffic or if an accident happens -- the meter keeps running and you will pay more.

The last time we used the limo service paid about $50 plus tip -- it may be higher this year as gasoline prices have really gone up.

Bus transfers -- you usually have to wait until several planes arrive and the bus has a decent load. Sometimes the bus will stop at a couple of hotels to drop off passengers at hotels who may be cruising out a day or later before it heads to the pier.

We use AlreadyThereTownCar which is about $5 - $10 more than a taxi -- depends on traffic. Their service has a set price and a much bigger car to ride in. A taxi can be cramped and if there is a lot of traffic or if an accident happens -- the meter keeps running and you will pay more.

The last time we used the limo service paid about $50 plus tip -- it may be higher this year as gasoline prices have really gone up.

This sounds like a ticket. do you need to reserve in advance or just call when we arrive at the airport?

This sounds like a ticket. do you need to reserve in advance or just call when we arrive at the airport?

KK can give you the contact info, etc. Yes, you need to reserve in advance. I just wanted to say we took her advice three years ago and used Already There Car Service to pick us up at the airport. They were amazing. They picked us up right at the door closest to our baggage carousel. We were to call a certain number after we had our luggage. Instead they called my cell phone when we didn't call by the time they thought we should (we had a piece of luggage that came off the carousel very late). They seemed very concerned about us. I highly recommend you take KK advice. (FYI - We have been told that only car services are allowed at the baggage claim doors. If you want a taxi you have to take your luggage quite a distance for the taxi line.)

Yes -- you have to make reservations in advance. We do them for transvers from the airport to hotel -- hotel to pier -- pier to hotel, etc.

They also offer tours if you are going to be in Seattle for a couple of days.

They are a small company but very personal.

And yes -- they are allowed to come right down to the baggage claim area. Other limo services have you take "HAUL" your luggage over a ramp to get to their area in the parking garage -- which is quite a distance for us.

All you have to do to contact them is go to www.alreadytheretowncar.com -- there will also be a telephone number that you can talk to them personally.

Having never been to Seattle, I planned my travel home such that I have an entire day to linger around Seattle. I wrote to ask Already There more about their tour services. Thank you for the recommendation!

We are in a Neptune Suite for the first time. Is that disembark process different? Would I be able to tell the car service what time I will disembark? I know they deal with this all the time and will steer me right, I was just curious to hear from my cruise friends!

Doe anyone here know the price for transfers from the Seattle-Tacoma airport to the new port (for Westerdam)? We usually take a cab to the old port as it isn't as far. A cab to the new port would probably be about double the cost.

Thanks in Advance!

The new port, pier 91 is only about 10 miles from the old port!

When I talk to AlreadyThereTownCar, I tell them what time we expect to leave the ship. We are always in a PS or SA and usually leave the ship around 8:15. We call them once I know that the wheelchair is there to take me off the ship.

Then once we get our luggage and have gone through immigration and customs and are taken outside the terminal. I call them again to let them know where we are -- Like Grey 3, etc.

We have no choice but to stay over an extra day because of flights. We stay at the Airport Hilton when flying home.