7 night Carnival Pride ~ which night for steakhouse??

pearle1

Hello all ~ trying to decide which night I should book the specialty steakhouse on carnival pride ~ I know a lot of people say the first night because of the free bottle of wine, which is nice, but I am cruising with my 13 year old daughter.

We have the early dining ~ so I was thinking maybe I should pick one of the port nights ~ maybe either port canavarel or nassau ~ or maybe none at all since I am traveling with a 13 year old??

Any opinions/thoughts would be appreicated! thanks

Hello all ~ trying to decide which night I should book the specialty steakhouse on carnival pride ~ I know a lot of people say the first night because of the free bottle of wine, which is nice, but I am cruising with my 13 year old daughter.

We have the early dining ~ so I was thinking maybe I should pick one of the port nights ~ maybe either port canavarel or nassau ~ or maybe none at all since I am traveling with a 13 year old??

You might be tired after a port day and may not want to go to the steakhouse. I would choose Embark day or the last sea day.

We went the first night; you get a free bottle of wine!

I was a little worried that I would be too excited to enjoy the steakhouse with it being our first day...wanting to do sail away and explore the ship, but we were able to board by noon, sail away was at 5, and I was more than ready for dinner at 7:30. The only down side is that we missed being on deck going under the second bridge.

Hope this helps :)

I was just thinking about this same topic for our Pride cruise this summer, and finally decided on the second Sea Day (Day 3); essentially by process of elimination.

We are also traveling with a 13 year old who is excited to meet other kids and check out Circle C, but also wants to do the Steakhouse. I believe there's orientation and get togethers that first night for the kids clubs, so that was out. My husband avoids elegant evening like the plague, so day 2 was out. We didn't want to do it on a port night because our excursions are all pretty full day events, except for Freeport; but I assume Freeport is the second elegant night, so again, that's out. And I didn't want to do the last night of the cruise figuring the kids camps will have something planned, plus that's my packing and enjoying a few more hours on the balcony night.

The second sea day is what I decided on because I did not want to do the 1st night. I like wine but not enough to make reservations on the first night. The elegant nights just didn't seem like the right nights. Port days can be draining, and by the end of the cruise I am not one for doing too much planned things. I really like going with the flow towards the end of a cruise. Process of elimination for me too.

OK, thanks everyone! Just a question for beberenn ~ so, just to clarify, you are saying the main dining room has that delcious chateaubriand on usually the 2nd and 5th night ~ or is that in the specialty steakhouse??

Thanks!

We went the first night; you get a free bottle of wine!

I was a little worried that I would be too excited to enjoy the steakhouse with it being our first day...wanting to do sail away and explore the ship, but we were able to board by noon, sail away was at 5, and I was more than ready for dinner at 7:30. The only down side is that we missed being on deck going under the second bridge.

Hope this helps :)

You mentioned the second bridge...would that be the Bay Bridge (double bridge)? I don't want to miss going under that! I was thinking about reservations for the Steak House on the first night, but if it makes me miss out going under the bridge...I might rethink that. I want to take pictures going under bridge. Last time I did that was when I was a boat owner. Anyone recall what time approximately does the Pride go under the Bay Bridge? I know a lot depends on the departure time leaving the Port of Baltimore.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Freeport day would be good choice. There's time to get cleaned up from swimming and even time to grab a nap before dinner.

Edited by Grannycb