Do you keep all the receipts for your clothes?

I posted in January this year when we were kicked off the Celebration for the whole of our second last day for them to sanitise the ship which had a high incidence of noro virus.

I also mentioned that clothes had been damaged by bleaching cleaning products which were apparently not properly diluted being used on chairs, surfaces etc. I understand that there were a large number of claims as the chemicals took every bit of colour out of clothing.

Some people had really expensive outfits ruined, we were lucky as we only had basic cotton cut offs and shirts "bleached", cheap and cheerful high street clothes.

That was in January, this is now the end of April.

According to Thomson their passengers should keep the receipts for all of their clothes. Indeed having spoken to various Thomson staff they all assure me that they keep every single receipt for every sock or cotton t-shirt they buy. I have to say that I don't and having spoken to many friends about this, neither do they.

So just out of interest do you keep all of the receipts for your clothes?

I posted in January this year when we were kicked off the Celebration for the whole of our second last day for them to sanitise the ship which had a high incidence of noro virus.

I also mentioned that clothes had been damaged by bleaching cleaning products which were apparently not properly diluted being used on chairs, surfaces etc. I understand that there were a large number of claims as the chemicals took every bit of colour out of clothing.

Some people had really expensive outfits ruined, we were lucky as we only had basic cotton cut offs and shirts "bleached", cheap and cheerful high street clothes.

That was in January, this is now the end of April.

According to Thomson their passengers should keep the receipts for all of their clothes. Indeed having spoken to various Thomson staff they all assure me that they keep every single receipt for every sock or cotton t-shirt they buy. I have to say that I don't and having spoken to many friends about this, neither do they.

So just out of interest do you keep all of the receipts for your clothes?

Sadly I do keep receipts for everything, apart from food, for at least a year! I think Thomson are being unreasonable as they know their to blame. Good luck with it. Maggie

Edited by maggie 57

Obviously nobody does and they know that! I have been burgled and had clothes stolen and the insurance company didn't even ask. they just asked for estimates

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile

We do not normally keep clothes receipts, other than if it were for something really expensive.... Which begs the question, how would they know that the receipt you supplied for a designer jacket was not in fact the Peacock's one you were wearing? :confused:

I think you would win in a small claims court.

As you say, insurance companies do not require receipts.

I happen to keep my receipts too but some of my more expensive clothes are older and I won't have the receipts for those, but they would cost a lot more to replace now.

Sometimes I think Thomson are going out of their way to upset people and give themselves a bad name.

I think you would win in a small claims court.

As you say, insurance companies do not require receipts.

I happen to keep my receipts too but some of my more expensive clothes are older and I won't have the receipts for those, but they would cost a lot more to replace now.

Sometimes I think Thomson are going out of their way to upset people and give themselves a bad name.

Thomson just do not like paying out even if they are in the wrong

I also keep reciepts for a year :o:o I have a drawer with hanging files, one for each month and at the start of the month I take out last year's and shred them.

But as Little Nell says, some of the things could be older and as Stevio says, how would you be able to prove that the item you are claiming for is not a more expensive item than the one you actually had damaged :rolleyes:

Considering the awful experience you had with the Noro, I should think Thomson could be a bit more considerate! On the other hand..............we all know how their admin works :eek::eek: