"Balance Paid In Full!"

SoCalKJ

Best feeling ever...second only to the actual excitement of stepping foot on the ship upon embarkation! :p

However, somebody please reach through the computer screen and slap me hard in the face the next time I get a brilliant idea to book a flippin' suite on the Miracle. Yes, it's Alaska. Yes, it'll be both our birthdays. Yes, it was a "good early-saver special." Blah, blah, blippety blah. The fact is, though, $4K+ still leaves me a little out of breath...it seemed like a super idea a year ago when I booked, but when I started to feel a little remorseful and having second thoughts (and other unexpected life expenses started popping up to further my doubts), they told me I couldn't change my booking unless I wanted to eat $50/person and change the sailing date. Not possible. That's the only date we were available. :(

Trust me: I'm not complaining; I'm so super grateful and excited, but that bit of expensive insanity has definitely taught me a few things for future cruises. The next time I think I "deserve" something, maybe I need to remember to be humble. Think I'll just stick to regular balcony rooms on longer sailings unless the "upsell fairy" gives us a suite offer too sweet to pass up (as was the case on the Ecstasy in '12). Otherwise, I'm gonna be too broke to really appreciate the experience....LOL!

Anyone else start with big booking dreams and then cool off for one reason or another...? :rolleyes:

Edited by SoCalKJ
I'm too broke to proofread.

Yes but not on CCL, but on DCL. We booked a b2b which was 10 nights combined out of San juan

We came to our senses when the flight prices were released.

We cancelled with a full refund of our deposit booked 7 nights in Disney, a 3 night CCL cruise at the start of our disney trip and a 5 night DCL next February for about the same price of our original cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes booked the vista suite on miracle for next feb

Still have time to switch cabins or cancel

But really hoping we can keep this cabin but feel guilty for spending the money

From someone that had the Vista suite on the Pride and just re-booked it again for February,, I say give it a chance. It was the most awesome cruise experience that we ever had. The ability to lay out in the sun and watch the wake in privacy was great. We also ate meals out there!!

one cruise booked an aft, then our son descide to come along, went from aft to 8a, luckly we were not booked under early saver.

another cruise booked an aft and friend who was travelling over 8000 miles so once again calcelled aft so we could have rooms beside each other...

i may never get to see an aft ,, i need not to tell anyone we are going on a cruise. nah that will not happen, i get excited and want everyone to share the fun we have with them. :D

best example is a cruise we have next year,, there were two couples now are four couples and just got an email there could be 3 more couples I still have not heard from another 2 couples LOL let the fun begin again