Aqua Spa Cafe Menu - Constellation

RMLLEL

It's been a while since I've been on the Connie, but on all the Millenium class ships the menu is about the same. Light & "healthy" breakfasts and lunches are served a la carte in the AS Cafe, on a food line. Plus fruit and veggie drinks you won't find on the rest of the ship.

Breakfast is heavy on fruit, fruit based dishes (compotes), cold cereals, and assorted rolls and bread for breakfast and usually salad and salmon plus a light dessert at lunch. Often a soup, too.

You might find boiled eggs for breakfast, maybe a poached egg on a piece of toast with a slice of tomato, but the ship does all the heavy hash-slinging in the other breakfast rooms. The AS cafe is a self-served bagel, smoked salmon, capers, onion, and creame cheese kind of place.

The lunch offerings change everyday, so if you miss the chilled salmon fillet on the first day, you won't see it again in the AS for the rest of the trip. But they will have a salmon-based remoulade of some sort for most lunches (kind of chicken salad, but with salmon). Lunch is always interesting, but limited to more healthy choices.

you can see three of the offerings here (9-1, 9-2, 9-3) Celebrity Constellation 1 - a set on Flickr http://ow.ly/vVcbe pretty typical.

Generally, I set up shop in the Aqua Spa and seldom leave. Like a newborn spider I exist to soak up the heat and light. It's warm, teaked, has thundering water in the pools, and is quiet (no children). Perfect for napping and reading and noshing and napping.

Wish the AS on the newer class of ships was as nice, but they're not.

Edited by rhkennerly

We were on the Connie last October and at lunch there was always 1 hot dish on a three day rotation. Salmon poached in Miso (which my husband adored), minced Asian pork in lettuce cups (good) and a shrimp dish that we were never there for. You have to order it and they cook to order and bring it to you. The offerings (I think there were also deviled eggs) are on a small sign on the counter. I also loved the tomato watermelon gazpacho which they had every other day. Especially great if you added a little cooked chicken or shrimp.

I remember one day late in the cruise we were chatting with another couple(long tine Celebrity cruisers) when they brought us the salmon. They were floored, where did it come from? She was sure that Celebrity had stopped serving cooked fish in the AQ spa. We pointed out the little sign, half hidden on the counter. So ask.