Do Thomson ever respond to threads

Correct - a PR exercise.

They carefully chose which ones to respond to of course - and generally repeated the party line when punters raised "difficult" issues which needed a straight answer.

Edited by WeeCountyMan
grammar

Correct - a PR exercise.

They carefully chose which ones to respond to of course - and generally repeated the party line when punters raised "difficult" issues which needed a straight answer.

they have defected to facebook now and are generally continuing with more of same:rolleyes:

thats ok by us....we usually know more than they do, before they do..... anyway:p;)

Edited by geomagot

Don't worry everyone, we're still here.

We're around to help with any customer service queries you've got.

Kind Regards,

Dan.

Hi Dan,

Are the rumours true of a loyalty scheme?

Are regular Thomson cruisers rewarded for loyalty with the odd "surprise" on their cruises? (eg a free trip or lunch at the Captains Table?)

This summer me and the family are going on 2 cruises which will be our 8th and 9th with Thomson in 5 years.

Look forward to your reply

:)

Don't worry everyone, we're still here.

We're around to help with any customer service queries you've got.

Kind Regards,

Dan.

:eek::eek:

hi dan......long time no see..hope all's well in thoms towers

any news on the bonded baggage situation for montego bay/dream itineraries this winter? or will we have to do the airport carousel/immigration thing?

also

visa situation for cuba.....ie will we be charged at the last minute again (as happened in 2011)

thanks

Edited by geomagot

Hi Dan,

Are regular Thomson cruisers rewarded for loyalty with the odd "surprise" on their cruises? (eg a free trip or lunch at the Captains Table?)

This summer me and the family are going on 2 cruises which will be our 8th and 9th with Thomson in 5 years.

We got a discount on the salon on the celebration in jan, and a free bottle of wine last week on the spirit both were thank you gifts for being a returning customer, we heard of people also getting discounts to eat in the al la carte restaurant too

yes i got a free bottle of fizz for loyalty on dream in march :cool:

still think its a bit of an half hearted loyalty scheme imo

and what about those that dont drink alcohol....what do they get?...a can of coke?:rolleyes:

:eek::eek:

hi dan......long time no see..hope all's well in thoms towers

any news on the bonded baggage situation for montego bay/dream itineraries this winter? or will we have to do the airport carousel/immigration thing?

also

visa situation for cuba.....ie will we be charged at the last minute again (as happened in 2011)

thanks

Hi Geo,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone. You'll be pleased to hear that we'll offer bonded baggage for both Thomson Dream in Jamaica and Thomson Celebration in Barbados itineraries in the Caribbean this Winter coming, so there's no waiting around to collect your cases.

With regards to Cuban visas, these are included in your holiday for British and Irish passport holders.

Thanks,

Dan.

Hi Dan,

No answer to this question that they keep avoiding, I do not know why I even bother.

So many cruises and nothing for our loyalty. Not even so much as priority boarding on to the ship that would not cost them a penny.

Edited by john_l

Hi Geo,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone. You'll be pleased to hear that we'll offer bonded baggage for both Thomson Dream in Jamaica and Thomson Celebration in Barbados itineraries in the Caribbean this Winter coming, so there's no waiting around to collect your cases.

With regards to Cuban visas, these are included in your holiday for British and Irish passport holders.

Thanks,

Dan.

Very happy with that :)

Hi Dan,

Hi Pedro,

I'm aware that Fraser answered this question in his last Q&A, which you can view through the link at the top of the forum.

Thanks,

Dan

Compared to many on here I am relatively new, but in my short time I have read through many many posts. It is very evident that although Dan (thomson cruises) has said they are watching, they never seem to do anything or really answer and complaints/questions. Am I to assume that as a company, Thomson's are not interested in its customers views?

I belong to many forums and have never come across a company where there is a representative who says basically nothing!

I think Thomson's should really look around at how responsible companies treat their customers (just my opinion of course)......

Compared to many on here I am relatively new, but in my short time I have read through many many posts. It is very evident that although Dan (thomson cruises) has said they are watching, they never seem to do anything or really answer and complaints/questions. Am I to assume that as a company, Thomson's are not interested in its customers views?

I belong to many forums and have never come across a company where there is a representative who says basically nothing!

I think Thomson's should really look around at how responsible companies treat their customers (just my opinion of course)......

they have their faults...i agree

but, they have answered my (direct) question pretty quick...and fraser has been on here for a live Q&A session which lasted most of the evening....twice

I think they try to do as much as they can within the usual 'social media/operational restrictions' imo