Do Thomson ever respond to threads

Sorry, probably didn't explain very well. Yes, your question was answered.

It's more anything controversial. Several threads on food, dropping standards, entertainment, loyalty, the list goes on.... But never a reply.

My first cruise with Thomson was great and I have now booked a second, personally I have no gripes but as said many have voiced concerns without response.

As an example, I also belong to a couple of Land Rover forums (independantly run) and the L/R representative who keeps an eye on our views is very quick to get involved in questions/complaints etc. Good customer service is worth a fortune in returning customers!

tbh you are lucky to find a large company that will truthfully answer controversial questions or complaints in an open web forum

yes...i agree several threads on here re entertainment/standards etc (have commented myself on this and not received a reply)

but, I do get replies if I deal with them directly (privately)

and, imo I have noticed some changes happening for the better (ok some not so good too), there were long threads on here about the booze confiscations & lack of balconies (to name 2 off the top of my head)....and changes did happen although thoms never openly commented on many of those issues

on rutine issues where they can be helpful they quite often are:cool:

they are watching (hopefully listening) web forums such as this represents all good feedback for a company and it is worthwhile for us to continue to highlight the issues that we feel strongly about (and the features/changes that we like) hopefully those issues may go on to be discussed at thoms towers even though they are v unlikely to ever discuss them openly in a public forum

the big…er…issues currently are the loyalty scheme and the many conflicting brochure/website/holiday shop/airline/call center admin errors…..eh?...thoms? (a cryptic comment on wether these 2 issues are likely to be the agenda at thoms towers would suffice?...please?...no...oh well I tried):p

Edited by geomagot

Thanks for your reply.

The forum I referred to does not discuss openly either, but contacts the member privately to help resolve the issue (we get to hear via the members praise of their help)

I'm very glad to hear that issues have been resolved privately via CC, I was unaware of this and did not read anything that made this clear. Maybe Thomsons do listen far more than I had considered and for this I thank them.

My partner and myself have booked the Thomson Majesty Adriatic for a week, we will have been married a week when we go in June, we are also staying in Corfu for a week after the cruise. This is our first ever cruise so thought we would do just a week on a ship and a week in a hotel to test the waters.

We have pre-booked cabin 607, which is at the front of the ship on the Majesty, would someone please let me know what this room is like for honeymooners, if you have a picture that would be great. Thanks all and hope you all have a great day.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Pedro,

I'm aware that Fraser answered this question in his last Q&A, which you can view through the link at the top of the forum.

Thanks,

Dan

Am I going blind? I can't see where Fraser answered that question in the last Q+A?

Am I going blind? I can't see where Fraser answered that question in the last Q+A?

Think this is it Grez although I can't say I found it very satisfactory. I would rather have nothing than something which can't be demonstrated to be consistent, transparent and fair.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1941963

I don't think it is very satisfactory either Kruzseeka. As I said before, not so much as a glass of wine, let alone a bottle. I don't think I have ever had an email from them advising me of new itineraries. I only found that out thanks to Sailaway :rolleyes: I would quite like a bridge tour, but not keen on vouchers for the pay-extra restaurant as we never use it and let's face it vouchers only encourage you to spend more which is what they want :rolleyes:

We have been with Fred 3 times and are now on the second level, so we get 5% off anything spent on board and money off booking if we book 9 months ahead - not fabulous, but better than nothing!

I just think this fiddling about with bottles of wine etc is ridiculous. Why can't they have a proper loyalty scheme like other lines?

I don't think it is very satisfactory either Kruzseeka. As I said before, not so much as a glass of wine, let alone a bottle. I don't think I have ever had an email from them advising me of new itineraries. I only found that out thanks to Sailaway :rolleyes: I would quite like a bridge tour, but not keen on vouchers for the pay-extra restaurant as we never use it and let's face it vouchers only encourage you to spend more which is what they want :rolleyes:

We have been with Fred 3 times and are now on the second level, so we get 5% off anything spent on board and money off booking if we book 9 months ahead - not fabulous, but better than nothing!

I just think this fiddling about with bottles of wine etc is ridiculous. Why can't they have a proper loyalty scheme like other lines?

I couldn't agree more Linda. And what I can't understand is that Thomson don't seem to realise that perhaps you would choose Fred over them on account of feeling more valued/recognised and are therefore perhaps losing custom. Perhaps they think bookings will hold up so well that they don't need to worry about that - but then again when I see some of the last minute deals I must say that doesn't seem to be the case! :confused: