Check out Qantas flight specials to Singapore

Widebay

The other day I received an email from Qantas, advertising special fares to various locations.

Hence, I looked up Singapore on their flier, as we will be going there in Feb 2015 to do the South East Asia Cruise on Sapphire Princess (round trip from Singapore) and the Qantas fare for the two of us came to $1,457 for 2 person return from Brisbane- not a bad price at all!

Looks like no one else is flying to Singapore in that period. Oh well, at least I scored a good flight special.

Hi Widebay , I booked our tickets to Singapore last week ,at the bargain prices:), we are sailing from Singapore on the Celebrity Century in Feb ,I had been checking ,the week before it would have cost $1240 each:eek: good deal:D

Cheers Deb

I wouldn't be so trusting in Qantas at the moment. In fact I wouldn't go on them again.

We have a flight to Singapore booked for December and returning in January and they canceled our flights due to retiring their 747 fleet. The class we were in wasn't on the new aircraft so we either had the option to go economy or pay $8000 extra for Business class. After some fighting they agreed to give $300 refund back and give us partly equal service to what we paid for but the catch is they refuse to give use that money until after the flight as they are worried that they may cancel the flight again. Our travel agent has been warned by the Qantas rep to prepare for more cancellations. We have flown them several times before everytime with issues we only came back due to it being Australian, but looks like that wont be for long either, as well as a falling safety standard.

We originally paid less then what you did, but would gladly pay double that for an airline that actually cares.

Edited by Cruise ship fan

Anglewingsfly - great to hear someone else has bought Qantas airline tickets at an excellent price. We always fly with Qantas, never had a problem with them.

I have flown to Singapore many times, and with various airlines, eg. Etihad, Singapore Airlines, Emirates, and of course Qantas. I found all these airlines good. Singapore airlines was probably the best, but you pay more for a ticket. Emirates was probably next, then Qantas & Etihad.

I have never had a problem with Qantas.You will always get whingers about this airline or that airline. Its mainly to do with how you are treated by cabin staff or ground staff. I find if you treat them how you would like to be treated, you will certainly get a good reception.

With everyone airline, I have watched passengers disembarking at various airports, who can't even say thank you or goodbye to the cabin crew.

My wife & I always say, "Thank you for looking after us" to the cabin crew when disembarking the aircraft. We always get a nice smile back.

One flight to Singapore we were near the bulkhead, with a very nice Qantas cabin crew sitting opposite us. We chatted with her whilst the plane shook & shuddered as we took off from Brisbane Airport as Cyclone Oswald hit Brisbane airport. We lifted off, then above the storm. We made friends with this cabin crew lady, who, really "looked after us for the rest of the flight"

Well done Qantas, you have good pilots, staff etc,

• 2 weeks later...

Well cruise ship fan, its sounds like you have nothing but bad luck with cruises/airlines/etc.

I have a friend who works Qantas administration, and he told me that Qantas will be here for a long time yet.