Repositioning and Repo cruises...

rarasnake

I may never get to go on one of these, but it certainly is on the top of my bucket list!

The two main reasons I want to experience it:

• The cruises are longer and I just love sea days
  • There are sometimes some very unique ports that you might not ever have a chance to visit on a regular Carnival cruise (like the South Pacific ports on the Australia repo cruise)

I use a website - you will need to spell "2" differently and add a .com to the address, vacations2go, but you should be able to figure it out using Google. You can look for repositioning cruises there. You've got to be a bit specific so its best if you can narrow down the months you search for, but it works like a charm! Use the Find a Bargain feature in the top left hand corner to begin your search. You can find "Repositioning" in the All Cruise Regions drop down menu. I don't book my cruises there, I use the Carnival website but I use the "vacations" one for most of my research because it is so easy to sort the options.

Your repo itinerary looks awesome! I checked the prices and it seems high to me for a repo. Hope you got a better price!

Booked it in December when the prices were very affordable for my budget. (I'm a solo cruiser). Saw the price yesterday for an OV & saw it was $1200 more than what I paid when I booked the cruise. :eek: It was the itinerary that sold me on it. Wanted to give myself a great belated 40th birthday present (My birthday is 7 weeks before the cruise and around the height of hurricane season.).

I may never get to go on one of these, but it certainly is on the top of my bucket list!

The two main reasons I want to experience it:

• The cruises are longer and I just love sea days
  • There are sometimes some very unique ports that you might not ever have a chance to visit on a regular Carnival cruise (like the South Pacific ports on the Australia repo cruise)

I use a website - you will need to spell "2" differently and add a .com to the address, vacations2go, but you should be able to figure it out using Google. You can look for repositioning cruises there. You've got to be a bit specific so its best if you can narrow down the months you search for, but it works like a charm! Use the Find a Bargain feature in the top left hand corner to begin your search. You can find "Repositioning" in the All Cruise Regions drop down menu. I don't book my cruises there, I use the Carnival website but I use the "vacations" one for most of my research because it is so easy to sort the options.

If you get the chance, do it. When I found out about the Conquest repositioning cruise, I knew I had to go. These were places I might not have had the chance to go to unless I sailed out of Florida. It also gave me a chance to stay in San Juan for two days after the cruise. When I found out about the Splendor repositioning cruise, I had the same feeling about it as I did the Conquest cruise especially since there will be four new ports I have not been to(Went to Grand Turk on Conquest repo.). This time I will stay in San Juan two days before the cruise.

We just took the 9-day repositioning cruise on the Dream. We absolutely loved it. It definitely won't be our last repo cruise. We love sea days so a repo cruise is perfect for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love the repo cruise I went on in November. Gave me a chance to go to places that I would not normally get to go to from New Orleans or Galveston. Also gave me a chance to explore San Juan for two days afterward. Now I'm addicted to repo cruises. Have the Splendor repo from San Juan to Miami booked.

Been reading your Dream review & love it so far.

So far we've done two repos:

14-night Inspiration Tampa to Long Beach

15-night Miracle NYC to Long Beach

We live 25 miles from the port in Long Beach, so in both cases it was delightful not to have to "travel home" after a long, relaxing cruise.

I love longer cruises, so repos are a natural fit. We're booked on the Pride's March 2015 Tampa-to-Baltimore repo - not quite as convenient because we have to fly both ways and we'll hit spring break, but the itinerary was too good to pass up.

Ports are exciting, but I love sea days. I don't like too many port days in a row... I like to have a relaxing sea day (or two, or three) in between those eventful port days. One reason I haven't yet pulled the trigger on a Hawaii cruise... five consecutive sea days, five consecutive port days, then five consecutive sea days does not sound relaxing to me. ;)

Whether it's a repo or not, I am always game for a long cruise. I thought I'd be ready to go home after 15 nights on a ship, but I could have easily done another 15!