QE2 Cabins and Booking Question

I am thinking of booking a Mediterranean cruise on QE2 in 2006. I have cruised on QE2 before. I am looking at booking one of the C5 (old tourist) cabins on two deck near the rear lobby area. Please has anybody got any advice or experience of those cabins?

Also are they still giving onboard booking discounts? I don’t know whether to book now or wait for my cruise later this month.

Thank you, Stephen.

Stephen,

You mention that you've travelled on QE2 before so you must be a Cunard World Club member? If so there is currently an offer for a 1 Cat Upgrade on certain cruises -i.e. book C1 and go up to P3 or C5 to C4 which is a good offer - I benefited from this by booking a CA single cabin & getting a 1 Cat upgrade to PG grade cabin. This offer though ends tomorrow!

When I was onboard a few weeks ago I asked about onboard booking benefits & I think you get a 5% additional discount, a booking reference so as you can refer the booking to your Travel agent when you get home to benefit from further discounts & also generous onboard credits dependant on grade booked! I don't regret not having booked my cruise whilst onboard as there are only 2 single PG cabins so I knew on this offer they would not be available for long!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Stephen,

Personally if l was you, l would as soon as you can when onboard visit the cruise sales office, they have all the info there regardings cabins, sizes and noise levels etc, you also benefit from the 10% deposit, lm not sure if they still allow the 5% discount but you do have around 10days to get a travel agent to confirm the booking, what l do now is and being a tight fisted scotsman get quotes from a lot of the internet agents, and you will be surprised how much you can save and then get your favourite agent to price match with the lowest, have found most agents will generally bend over backwards to price match, try asking for a bottle of bubbly as well or reduced insurance,l have 2 agents that l would be pleased to give you details for.

Have often thought of booking with an agent across the big pond, but the only problem is when you get to the world club no it does identify you as a brit so therefore you would mis out on all the wonderful and exclusive and such tempting offers......!!!!! that the world club offers, there is also the possibility of booking early you MIGHT be in with a chance of an upgrade????

Im booked on 3 trips next year, the one nighter in july and the zebrugge trip back to back with the 18 night med cruise in oct/nov, managed the one cat upgrade onthe 18nt cruise, how the upgrades might work with the other two l shall wait with bated breath, and if l do get touched by the upgrade fairy, l assure you l will be shouting from the rooftops!!!

As a matter of interest which med cruise are you thinking of going on?

best wishes,

Myles (cunardqueenATaol.com)

Thanks for that information. I think I will wait until I am aboard and get the 5% discount. I cannot decide exactly which cruise but it will probably be Mediterranean. There is one in May that has four sea days, an evening in Gibraltar? and calls at Barcelona the same day as QM2. That seems quite appealing.

I would be interested in your travel agent. I am thinking of changing. My email is stephenmorton at btinternet dot com.

Thanks again.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Archived