airport question

eddiesgal

Hello again everybody......thanks for all the great responses to my aft or side question!!!!

I have a question regarding airport security and prescription drugs....both my fiance and I have had some major health problems in the last year or so which

requires us to take several medications each.....we generally set up a pill minder every week with the required meds......my question is, do we have to have the bottles so security is aware of what they are or can we still just take the pill minder that is already set up with all the meds. Thanks in advance for all of your responses:)

Hi, I take meds. It is far safer to take orginal bottles with the prescription on them. Also take a list of your prescriptions in case of lost. Having said that, here is a suggestion, take the pill minders into your pharmacy and get them to put labels on them as to what are in them and attach to your minders with an elastic band if required.

Good luck. Have fun.

I don't know the "official" answer to your question, but I take those pill a day carriers with me on vacations so I don't have to bother taking the bottles and have never had a problem. If your worried maybe you could get a note fron your doctor, or a copy of the prescriptions, and carry that with you. Carrying a piece of paper would be a lot easier than carrying around the pill bottles.

Captain Datas idea of having the pharmacy giving you a list you can attach to the pill holder is a good one, I had not thought of that.

Terri

Customs is. Customs agent may question you about the drugs you have taken (a note from your doctor may help). If you take any narcotice, be sure that they are in their original containers.
As the pill minder will be empty (or nearly so) at the end of the trip, there won't be much to "declare";) . Any remaining amount will be miniscule. Further, if we're talking about U.S. Customs at a cruise terminal -- I've never seen anyone being hassled about prescriptions. It's fairly rare at airport Customs stops as well. If you have one or two left of anything in your minders at the end of a trip, it's extrememly unlikely that anyone will become concerned at all. It's not like you're likely to be trafficking in quantities of three.

Archived