When Are Upsells/Upgrades Offerred ?

curtdesilets

To add to the upsell data base, we were offered our first upsell yesterday for our cruise on the Volendam

tomorrow! HAL emailed our TA, who called and emailed us. From our main deck OV, we were offered a category A-BC Vista Suite for $199 pp or Neptune SA or SB for $349 pp. We snagged the Vista as we have invested a little too heavily in excursions to justify the Neptune! We are so thankful for the Upsell Fairy!

My sister called yesterday all excited as she is taking her 1st cruise. It is on the Westerdam cruising in Alaska. She had booked a MM guarantee, which was upgraded to an HH guarantee. The TA emailed her yesterday with an upsell offer from HAL to a VH cabin. She called and we checked the location - not ideal as in the very front and solid, not plexi-glass, veranda railings. Thought that the upsell was a bit high so if she was interested, I recommended she have the TA offer HAL 1/2 the upsell price and see what happens. She calls me back about 30 minutes later with the latest update from the TA. HAL had counteroffered with a VA cabin for the lower upsell price; even the TA was amazed. Needless to say, she jumped at it!

Thank you HAL! She so deserves this - and she is so excited!

take_us_away - that is so great for her! It was on our second cruise where we were offered an incredibly reasonable upsell from an OV to a balconey and you would have thought we'd won the lottery, we were so excited. I bet ending up with a beautiful Verandah room on an Alaskan cruise is going to be awesome. Hope she has a fabulous trip!