My vacation planner left & RCI didn't tell me!

I am very disappointed in RCI. I used a great vacation planner named Marie to plan our cruises on Allure and Oasis. She was very patient with me as a first-time cruiser. She always knew the answers to my many questions. I called to speak to her yesterday and a man answered at her extension. He said she had relocated and no longer worked there. I was assigned a new planner. It would have been nice to have been contacted. Has this happened to you?

Sorry but notifying you would not have changed a thing. You would still have had to speak with someone new.

I had a CVP assigned once and while she did a great job when I was on the phone with her I had to leave messages and play phone tag to get in touch with her. I have found whoever I call and talk to to be extremely helpful.

I am very disappointed in RCI. I used a great vacation planner named Marie to plan our cruises on Allure and Oasis. She was very patient with me as a first-time cruiser. She always knew the answers to my many questions. I called to speak to her yesterday and a man answered at her extension. He said she had relocated and no longer worked there. I was assigned a new planner. It would have been nice to have been contacted. Has this happened to you?

Personally, I believe what you expected from Royal was unrealistic. Marie, probably could have sent out an email herself prior to leaving to alert her clients that she was leaving her position. Expecting the company to do that is unrealistic. Years ago, companies may have 'handed' over a 'loyal customer base' to someone new taking over a position vacated from another employee -- now that doesn't happen in the business community.

The clients that Marie worked with are simply put into the general pool and get a new vacation planner when they next need one. Or as you did, when you went to Maria's old extension, got another vacation planner -- for all you know her old extension # really doesn't exist, it just rotates back to the general pool and you get the next available vacation planner. I am sure the person who answered the phone would have been more than capable to handle your needs.....and Royal was anticipating that you would work with them.

Personally, I believe what you expected from Royal was unrealistic. Marie, probably could have sent out an email herself prior to leaving to alert her clients that she was leaving her position. Expecting the company to do that is unrealistic. Years ago, companies may have 'handed' over a 'loyal customer base' to someone new taking over a position vacated from another employee -- now that doesn't happen in the business community.

Royal was anticipating that you would work with them.

We also just lost ours Julian- and have worked with him for several years. He called himself and left a message as we were not home- he got a promotion to Celebrity so will put us in their database in case we try them. He was great and we miss having him to call with questions- but when he was unavailable we were able to get questions answered. The personal touch was nice though.

Fran

No big deal, they come and go, but your real vacation planners are us here on cruise critic. You want correct answers, ask away here. In 25 cruises I have been on I just use them to book the room and come here for additional information if needed.

Edited by Bosjoe

I can think of a lot worse problems.

We also just lost ours Julian- and have worked with him for several years. He called himself and left a message as we were not home- he got a promotion to Celebrity so will put us in their database in case we try them. He was great and we miss having him to call with questions- but when he was unavailable we were able to get questions answered. The personal touch was nice though.

Fran

Julian did it, and he was smart to open up a door for you to him with the new position he now has at Celebrity. Good business practice for HIMSELF, to try to keep those loyal to him for the service he gave to customers -- now they will have to use Celebrity to have that continue.

No big deal, they come and go, but your real vacation planners are us here on cruise critic. You want correct answers, ask away here. In 25 cruises I have been on I just use them to book the room and come here for additional information if needed.

I appreciate the answers I get on CC....but my real vacation planner is my TA....she is wonderful and I share her with my friends. She is loyal to me, rather than the cruise line.

I appreciate the answers I get on CC....but my real vacation planner is my TA....she is wonderful and I share her with my friends. She is loyal to me, rather than the cruise line.

If this TA is not a RCCL employee. I rather use outside agents for perks and such. Yes I look to get OBC every time from an agent along with what Royal offers, something that Royal agents can not add on additional OBC. Yes I lose a little control, no big deal, because once I'm booked I rarely never talk to the agent again.

If this TA is not a RCCL employee. I rather use outside agents for perks and such. Yes I look to get OBC every time from an agent along with what Royal offers, something that Royal agents can not add on additional OBC. Yes I lose a little control, no big deal, because once I'm booked I rarely never talk to the agent again.

My TA is independent, and losing a little control is no big deal to me either. It has worked to my benefit many times, to have this TA.

I know that Royal Caribbean is lightening the load of phone agents and hiring people down in Guatemala to answer the phones these days.

Perhaps she didn't leave, but was laid off in the switch over?

How do you know that RCI is outsourcing and not using offshore vendors to handle call overflow...a very common practice with large call centers.

I know that Royal Caribbean is lightening the load of phone agents and hiring people down in Guatemala to answer the phones these days.

Perhaps she didn't leave, but was laid off in the switch over?

That was the UK call center that was outsourced to Guatamala. The US call centers are still based in the US

Fran

We also lost our 'friend' Julian. We loved his style and service, never felt we couldn't call him with any kind of question.

In our recent planning, I've had to call C&A and have received very good service, but have not yet established with the replacement he suggested.