No Elevator to Serenity Deck

Sarah@Sea

:( I was hoping it was just the Victory that didn't have elevator to the Serenity Deck. I mean I can manage a flight of steps, but it's not easy for me, and it's the easier whirlpool to get in and out of given my limitations. So then I just checked Freedom deck plans and see that their Serenity whirlpools are on the 2nd level of Serenity so two flights of steps. Pretty much means anyone with more serious mobility issues that use a scooter or wheelchair can't enjoy these areas at all? Not to mention the pools only have ladders, correct? I can pull myself up and out via the ladder, but thinking I wouldn't bring my mom on Carnival because she would not be able to do so and she loves the water as much as I do.

I'm already booked on the Freedom for next month. It's not a deal breaker, esp for May might be too warm to want whirlpool anyway, just seeing that a second and newer ship has the same "issue" as the Victory makes me scratch my head a bit? Glad to know that the newer, newer ships have addressed this.

Actually, there is an elevator, but not a main one.

Get off at Deck 11. Serenity is on 12. Walk towards the spa. On your left, there is a small elevator that is open to everyone but the crew usually uses it to transport towels from serenity to the main elevators. It take about a good 40-70 seconds to go up one floor, but it does drop off at Serenity, but its only the lower level.

Think off it as switching planes at the airport, even if the last flight is extremely short (:

Enjoy your cruise. Freedom is my favoirte.

Edited by MrBanana1240

I've never really considered an elevator to the deck an "accessible" accommodation. Guess not until I find there isn't one? Same for steps into a pool vs just a ladder...that's not an uncommon thing. Most hotels have steps as an entry point, ladder in deep end. Actually, I've noticed many hotels now have the chair lift for their pools, even more economy hotels such as La Quinta.

Actually, there is an elevator, but not a main one.

Get off at Deck 11. Serenity is on 12. Walk towards the spa. On your left, there is a small elevator that is open to everyone but the crew usually uses it to transport towels from serenity to the main elevators. It take about a good 40-70 seconds to go up one floor, but it does drop off at Serenity, but its only the lower level.

Think off it as switching planes at the airport, even if the last flight is extremely short (:

Enjoy your cruise. Freedom is my favoirte.

Thanks, I'll look for it when I sail next month.

I've never really considered an elevator to the deck an "accessible" accommodation. Guess not until I find there isn't one? Same for steps into a pool vs just a ladder...that's not an uncommon thing. Most hotels have steps as an entry point, ladder in deep end. Actually, I've noticed many hotels now have the chair lift for their pools, even more economy hotels such as La Quinta.

Carnival has no ship that are registered in the USA. Disability accommodations are a US law, and that is why there is much more accommodations here. Most of their ships follow Panama or Bahamas laws (which is why when something happens that breaks a law, it is under the laws of Panama, not the USA)

It is not right, but Carnival registers their ships outside of the USA so they do not have to comply with the same things they have to comply with in the USA.

Carnival has no ship that are registered in the USA. Disability accommodations are a US law, and that is why there is much more accommodations here. Most of their ships follow Panama or Bahamas laws (which is why when something happens that breaks a law, it is under the laws of Panama, not the USA)

It is not right, but Carnival registers their ships outside of the USA so they do not have to comply with the same things they have to comply with in the USA.

All the lines do that...

And yes I got the biggest this ain't USA ADA wake up call when I went to Guatemala, took a boat trip on a lake...whoa the wooden docks were in such disrepair and one stop we had to step out of the little fiber glass boat and cross over another one before stepping onto the dock. I am up for adventure, again just slower, get more tired...kind of thing. Very pleased to see one of the Grand Cayman Sting Ray excursions has boat with very nice steps down into the water, etc.

US laws bankrupted the industry in the US.