E410 or E409 on royal/regal

JoAnneNYI

Being under the bar would be a "little" more private, but not much. Doesn't really make a whole lot of difference really. But being on the Emerald deck you are so far down from it that it shouldn't be an issue at all. Now my understanding is that the upper decks, 14, 15 are less private since they are closer to seawalk and easier to see. Emerald deck is quite a distance down.

Just wondering if matters which side of ship i.e. under seawalk vs under the bar.

Thanks...JoAnne

They are seven decks below the SeaWalk/SeaView Bar and should be no issue from above. You are one deck above the Promenade deck and there are tables and chairs on the Promenade deck outside of Facets and Crooners. People there may see you if you are near the edge of your balcony. Have not seen anyone who has stayed in that area post that is a significant issue.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi we were onboard for the 6 April 14 sailing and stayed in E410.

The Seaview bar is 7 decks above and you can just about see people walking on the glass floor, they cant see down into the cabins in the same way as the starboard side. The seaview novelty does wear off in seconds so there are so few people on it...

33ygyt1.jpg

The cabin is rated as Deluxe Obstructed but probably best described as just about obstructed as the lifecraft are way forward and way aft. You are close to the seating area outside facets on deck 7 but the exit to that deck space is rather well hidden so we only saw a few people out there over the course of the whole week.

Only suggestion I can give is avoid the midship area due to the (well publicised) lack of midship stairs or just do what we did and use the front stairs as it's maybe 30 seconds longer walk

We were in D410 in March and the balcony was wonderful. Nice size due to being in the "curve", covered, protected from wind when underway, unobstructed. We DID experience the extremely long waits for elevators since there is no central staircase.

We were in D410 in March and the balcony was wonderful. Nice size due to being in the "curve", covered, protected from wind when underway, unobstructed. We DID experience the extremely long waits for elevators since there is no central staircase.
Just walk to the forward stairs/elevator. We did that on the Grand last month. She is also lacking a center stairway like the Royal and we had almost no wait at the forward elevators on the Grand.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 1 year later...
Hi we were onboard for the 6 April 14 sailing and stayed in E410.

The Seaview bar is 7 decks above and you can just about see people walking on the glass floor, they cant see down into the cabins in the same way as the starboard side. The seaview novelty does wear off in seconds so there are so few people on it...

33ygyt1.jpg

The cabin is rated as Deluxe Obstructed but probably best described as just about obstructed as the lifecraft are way forward and way aft. You are close to the seating area outside facets on deck 7 but the exit to that deck space is rather well hidden so we only saw a few people out there over the course of the whole week.

Only suggestion I can give is avoid the midship area due to the (well publicised) lack of midship stairs or just do what we did and use the front stairs as it's maybe 30 seconds longer walk

We are currently booked in D407 and wondering if by chance E410 or E409 might have a slightly larger balcony. I can still change it this evening.

Those cabins did have a loveseat in them correct?

THANKS