Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale

ppfqp

Just wanted to give a quick review about our experience with this hotel. We always try to stay at Hilton properties and usually have a great experience. But that was not the case with this hotel. While our stay was fine, the billing issues have been a huge headache.

We were only on the property for a few hours (arrived at midnight, checked out at 10 am) and while we were there, we had a nice stay. But in the meantime, I have spent just as much time on the phone with Hilton, the hotel staff, the manger, the accounting office, etc. trying to straighten it out.

Long story short, I booked 2 rooms. One for my husband and me, one for my parents. We were cruising with them to celebrate their anniversary. We were flying it at different times, and my parents were arriving in FLL several hours ahead of us. We were paying for their room as a gift to them. It should have been simple -- two rooms, both charged to me.

The hotel has totally botched this, charging my parents for their room, losing a fax with my personal information (including a photo copy of my credit card and drivers license), crediting me and recharging my parents instead of the other way around. Bigtime incompetence. It is still not resolved, 2 weeks later.

Anyway, I wanted to give feedback about this hotel for anyone who is considering it. They have a free airport shuttle, which was very efficient, but they charge $8 per person for transportation to the cruise port. We didn't use that because a cab was cheaper for 4 people. Nice atmosphere and rooms, but we we'll find somewhere else to stay next time.

It seems to be a Hilton trait about multiple rooms for multiple people under one reservation. I have had issues travelling for business with one of the others in my group being responsible for reservations and being the corporate credit card holder. Most times I am the first one to arrive but Hilton properties will not allow me to check in to a room without providing a credit card (I kinda get that but) and even after explaining the arrangements it's still you cannot check in without the cardholder being present. I only did the check in once where I used my credit card to be able to get into the room and then switching to the corporate card once that person arrived and spent 3 weeks afterwards getting the account settled as I had similar problems that you did.