teens on the Voyager trip to Canada

on one of the threads about the diverted VOS bermuda cruise someone made a comment about the hordes of rude and poorly behaved teens onboard. My husband and I had four teens on that cruise. Our 2 and two of their friends. We were all over that ship day and night and I didn't see ONE instance of teens behaving badly. I'm not saying that guy didn't see one or two episodes that he described but I do not believe there was any rampant misbehavior. First of all they were bored out of their minds because they couldn't even go outside on any of the decks by the pool, hot tubs or sports deck, in the evenings because of the wind and cold. So they had to find places to hang out inside...mine tended to hang out in the promenade cafe or in the little lounge of chairs in the business services(future cruise sales) area of deck six. Every time we passed them there they were talking and laughing quietly.

There was a LOT of thoroughly obnoxious behavior on this cruise but I can say in all honesty it came from the supposed ADULTS behaving badly. I've never seen so many loud classless people in one place in a long time. Why do people act as if there is no one else around them? Extremely loud talking(shouting) as if no one else exists. I just wanted to vent this because I didn't see one instance of teen bad behavior but plenty from so called adults.

on one of the threads about the diverted VOS bermuda cruise someone made a comment about the hordes of rude and poorly behaved teens onboard. My husband and I had four teens on that cruise. Our 2 and two of their friends. We were all over that ship day and night and I didn't see ONE instance of teens behaving badly. I'm not saying that guy didn't see one or two episodes that he described but I do not believe there was any rampant misbehavior. First of all they were bored out of their minds because they couldn't even go outside on any of the decks by the pool, hot tubs or sports deck, in the evenings because of the wind and cold. So they had to find places to hang out inside...mine tended to hang out in the promenade cafe or in the little lounge of chairs in the business services(future cruise sales) area of deck six. Every time we passed them there they were talking and laughing quietly.

There was a LOT of thoroughly obnoxious behavior on this cruise but I can say in all honesty it came from the supposed ADULTS behaving badly. I've never seen so many loud classless people in one place in a long time. Why do people act as if there is no one else around them? Extremely loud talking(shouting) as if no one else exists. I just wanted to vent this because I didn't see one instance of teen bad behavior but plenty from so called adults.

Hi Donna

That was me that posted about the teens.

All I can say is that you were fortunate enough not to run into the situation. I did, frequently. I do have to say that I didn't run into this behavior 'everywhere' on the ship all the time. I had computer business work to do in the evenings and sat in the library on the 7th and 8th floors for about 2 hours from about 10 to midnight each evening.

I am not exaggerating in my other post -- the behavior of the teens in this area of the ship during this time was completely disrespectful and out of hand. It just wasn't one or two. They seemed to travel in packs.

I am glad your kids were behaved and thank you for being a responsible parent. Like I clearly said in my original post, I was not saying that every teen on the ship was out of hand. But the ones that were were in not behaving appropriately and infringing upon others.

Oh, and I would also agree with you about loud, obnoxious adults!! Definitely a lot of them!

I am sorry that you ran into this and I sure hope it wasn't any of mine! Unfortunately boredom and teenagers don't mix. They'd much rather have been out of the sports deck or in the pool and hot tub. (mine were 17 and 18 yr olds so they are entitled to use the hot tubs..I know there's been complaints about that too from some people) But I do think it had to be isolated. We were up till 3 AM many nights and did not witness it.

I am sorry that you ran into this and I sure hope it wasn't any of mine! Unfortunately boredom and teenagers don't mix. They'd much rather have been out of the sports deck or in the pool and hot tub. (mine were 17 and 18 yr olds so they are entitled to use the hot tubs..I know there's been complaints about that too from some people) But I do think it had to be isolated. We were up till 3 AM many nights and did not witness it.

Hi Donna

Maybe it was just the place that I was sitting (library), and that I was sitting in one place for an extended period of time hearing everything and everyone coming and going as I sat there. Probably not as noticable 'moving about' the ship.

Hi Donna

Maybe it was just the place that I was sitting (library), and that I was sitting in one place for an extended period of time hearing everything and everyone coming and going as I sat there. Probably not as noticable 'moving about' the ship.

I was on VOS 7/15 cruise and the teens in the library were horrible. I would check my mail each night around 11:00. The library was full of kids making it their home. They were told many times to calm down but ignored the requests. They were lying on the floor, on the stairs outside of the 8th deck library level and over most of the furniture. I am a high school teacher so I know how to deal with this age group. I felt sorry for those adults who were trying to use the computers.

• 3 weeks later...

I also was on this cruise.......kids and teens were a problem for me but the adults took the cake. If I had heard about a petition one more time I woulda slapped someone. There were alot of issues on board this cruise but it was my first cruise and I was determined to make it happy regardless but I gotta tell you the other cruisers were almost my undoing...........I disagree that boredome is an excuse for kids bad behaviors though...and worse that parents weren't anywhere to be found. I did also encounter many wonderful people and their well behaved kids-probably yours-THANKS

So because someone is bored, that means it is okay for them to disrupt and disturb other passengers? Quit making excuses for the brats! And that goes for everyone of all ages!

I am tired of people making excuses for bad behavior and for bad parenting! So what you are bored? It is part of life and life will not always be pleasant or go your way.........learn to deal with it and learn how to cope - it will make you a better person in the long run.

So because someone is bored, that means it is okay for them to disrupt and disturb other passengers? Quit making excuses for the brats! And that goes for everyone of all ages!

I am tired of people making excuses for bad behavior and for bad parenting! So what you are bored? It is part of life and life will not always be pleasant or go your way.........learn to deal with it and learn how to cope - it will make you a better person in the long run.

I don't think anyone was making excuses for misbehavior...

Archived