Future On-Board Credits for Future Cruise Deposits?

skarletohara

Hi there.

Could somebody please clear this up for me? I've booked before on

board using one $100 deposit for the two of us giving us $100 SBC (shipboard

credit. for our then future cruise.

While aboard our LAST sailing, we did two open bookings ($200), one for

each of us.

Now there was a thread many months ago addressing this where it was explained

that you could remit both on-board future bookings at the same time instead of

one, and by remitting both at one time, it would double the shipboard credit.

I'm simply curious about this because we're ready to book yet another cruise,

and if we don't get double shipboard credit then we'll just use one of our

future bookings instead of both at once.

Thank you

You only need to use one FCC and then you pay $100 for the other person. Both people will get the OBC whether you use 2 FCC's or 1. It really makes good sense to only use one and save the other for another cruise. You do not lose anything by doing it this way. Just make sure you inform your TA what you want to do. I have done this several times. I am not exactly sure what you mean by double credit. Your OBC is based on the type of cabin you book and the length of the cruise. In other words, if you book an outside cabin for a 7-day cruise you will each get $50 worth of OBC. This is the same whether you use one or two FCC's.

Thank lynda!

But I guess what I'm wondering is why did we even book two open

bookings when we could have just booked one?

I guess by booking two on board, we could remit them at deposit time, hence, that would

comprise the $200 deposit, but I'm still wondering whether we'd

get double cabin credit if we remit both bookings at once.

We want a balcony, so instead of $100 cabin credit would we get $200?

I really do recall a thread about this from January or so where I thought several people talked about double cabin credits for remitting BOTH

pre-paid deposits.

No, you would not get double credit. The OBC is not based on your deposit amount. It's based on type of cabin and length of cruise. The advantage of having two open bookings is that you might use one to book a cruise and decide that you also want to book another cruise before you take the first cruise. That way you always have a FCC waiting for you if you need it. I had that happen to me. I had booked a cruise using a FCC and then an opportunity presented itself that was just too good to pass up. Had I not had a FCC waiting, I would have had to plunk down $500 for the deposit for us instead of just using the FCC and adding $100 to it.

Also, don't forget the Share-the-Wealth coupons in case you have another couple that would also like to cruise at the same time you do. They would also have the same low deposit and receive the same OBC's.

DH and I had each booked FCC onboard. When we made recent cruise booking for those two;cabin:minisuite. We have a confirmation showing $200 onboard credit ($100 pp). Hope this answers your question.

As I'm reading this thread it seems to me, we could have used one FCC, sent in an additional $100 DP and still received the $200 per cabin onboard credit.

Can anyone confirm this?

DH and I had each booked FCC onboard. When we made recent cruise booking for those two;cabin:minisuite. We have a confirmation showing $200 onboard credit ($100 pp). Hope this answers your question.

As I'm reading this thread it seems to me, we could have used one FCC, sent in an additional $100 DP and still received the $200 per cabin onboard credit.

Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, you would get the same OBC. How long is your cruise? Here is the breakdown for Shipboard Credits which I am copying directly from my receipt:

7 - 9 days: $25 pp for inside; $50 pp for outside

10-15 days: 75 pp for inside; 100 pp for outside

16 + days: 125 pp for inside; 150 pp for outside

I don't see how you can combine two different open bookings (one in each person's name) and then get a $100 pp shipboard credit. You're still only booking one cabin. I think the most you can get is $50 pp shipboard for each cruise when you book a balcony cabin for a 7 day cruise. That would equal $100 total.

Thanks Lynda!

I guess that was delusional of me to think that I'd get THAT much

OBC!!!

The cruise we're looking at, the agent is also offering OBC of $50

Now I fully understand the system.

thanks a bunch

You are very welcome!:D

Archived