Saturday FLL Security lines @ Southwest

twindaddy

Sailing Oasis next year, will be flying out of FLL on Saturday morning early April, after the cruise, probably around 11:30ish. Considering a later flight and taking a post-cruise excursion.

What do security lines at Southwest look like, say around 10am? 11am? 3pm?

I am considering plunking down the $85 for the TSA pre-check.

Thanks!

On our last cruise in December, we arrived at the FLL airport about 10:45 am after docking in Miami. The security line stretched down the corridor and around the rental car counters before even getting to the point where they check your ID and boarding pass. It took us close to an hour to get to that checkpoint. It doesn't matter what airline you fly on, everyone stands in the same line to go through security. I've flown out of FLL numerous times post-cruise and had never encountered anything like that, so not sure what was happening, but we were glad our flight didn't leave until after 1:00 pm. I think it was a fluke, but if it would make you feel more comfortable doing the TSA pre-check, I would go for it. Otherwise, walk off with your bags as soon as you are able so you can get to the airport as soon as possible.

On our last cruise in December, we arrived at the FLL airport about 10:45 am after docking in Miami. The security line stretched down the corridor and around the rental car counters before even getting to the point where they check your ID and boarding pass. It took us close to an hour to get to that checkpoint. It doesn't matter what airline you fly on, everyone stands in the same line to go through security. I've flown out of FLL numerous times post-cruise and had never encountered anything like that, so not sure what was happening, but we were glad our flight didn't leave until after 1:00 pm. I think it was a fluke, but if it would make you feel more comfortable doing the TSA pre-check, I would go for it. Otherwise, walk off with your bags as soon as you are able so you can get to the airport as soon as possible.

Ok, sounds good. Thanks for the info. Anyone else have a Soutwest / Terminal 1 FLL experience? Pre-check is seeming like a vacation stress reliever, even if it costs 85 dollars

On that day, we checked in with Southwest curbside, which was busy, but very well organized. They had a single line, and the next available agent would call the next person in line, just like inside the terminal. Took about 10 minutes or so. The long line I described previously was the security line to get to your gate after check in and bag drop. Like I said, it was the first time we had encountered anything like that, so there must have been something out of the ordinary going on.