ALCOHOL: Do you do this or do you not mess with it?

lilmsonry

when you guys say cases of beer, do you mean cans or bottles?

I took cans. put them in an empty coke refrigerator 12pack box. the long slender cartons..emptied the coke out, put beer cans in, and taped it back up.

put it thru inside our checked bags.

I took cans. put them in an empty coke refrigerator 12pack box. the long slender cartons..emptied the coke out, put beer cans in, and taped it back up.

THATS EXACTLY WHAT I'M PLANNING ON DOING. OUR LAST CRUISE I ORDERED A 12 PK OF BEER (BUDLIGHT, OF COARSE) AND A 6PK OF COKE AS SOON AS WE GOT TO THE ROOM ON THE 1ST DAY. COST: $59.00 PLUS A $2 TIP. DAMN!

THAT 12 PK LASTED ME LONGER THAN ANY I'VE EVER BOUGHT.

SO I DON'T FEEL BAD AT ALL ABOUT TRYING TO SMUGLE BEER ON BOARD.

I do it everytime I cruise. No need to place booze in plastic bottles, just place them in your checked luggage. I would highly recommend, as I do, to place them in leather wine carry bags then put in your luggage.

In case the TSA searches your luggage your liquor will be in a place safe from their rifling.

that's a great idea, because if they check they'll only check the box, not inside right?

any other ideas for liquor bottles?

I've yet to have a problem walking on with it in any port of call. There is no checking between security and the liquor police. If you just walk on by the confiscation station they are not going to chase you.

Cheers,

Peter

We were on the Conquest end of April. We packed a roller ice chest (50 can) with beer, soda and water. (no ice) Attached a luggage tag, it was the 1st piece of luggage delivered to our cabin:) In our checked luggage I had a bottle of Rum, no problems at all. And Yes we still bought beer and cocktails in the bars.

Happy Cruisin:)

We were on the Conquest end of April. We packed a roller ice chest (50 can) with beer, soda and water. (no ice) Attached a luggage tag, it was the 1st piece of luggage delivered to our cabin:) In our checked luggage I had a bottle of Rum, no problems at all. And Yes we still bought beer and cocktails in the bars.

did you tape the lid of the cooler closed? Was it beer cans or bottles?:confused:

I've yet to have a problem walking on with it in any port of call. There is no checking between security and the liquor police. If you just walk on by the confiscation station they are not going to chase you.

I TRIED TO BRING ON A 12 PK OF PRESIDENTA BEER ON NCL FROM ST MAARTEN.

I TRIED TO IGNOR THEM AT THE BOAT CHECK POINT. WELL, THEY CHASED ME DOWN THE HALL AND TOOK MY BEER (ROTTEN BASTARDS) :mad: BUT IT WAS DELIVERD TO MY ROOM ON SAT NIGHT.

I COULDN'T RUN VERY FAST BECAUSE MY SHORTS POCKETS WERE FULL OF RUM.

THEY NEVER GOT THAT.:p

We brought boxed wine onboard in our checked luggage. It made it just fine. Our sweet room steward added ice to our collapsable cooler each morning to keep the chardonnay chilled. There were no problems at all.

I read on these boards were someone emptied the bladder from a box of wine and then filled it with scotch, taped the box up and carried it on. I didn't try it, but thought it was a very good idea--it even had a sort of a dispenser button! :) This might be cheaper than buying large medicine bottles ?

We still purchased drinks when out and about the ship, but it was nice to have a glass of wine in the room before dinner.

I like to have a little something while getting ready for dinner, or before bed.

In April we packed a rolling cooler with Fruit 2 O, Corona cans, bottled water & soda. Slapped a name tag on it and received it in our room, no problemo.

Last cruise I packed a glass bottle of Zin & a mixer plastic bottle of Mudslides in my checked bag. I put a six pack of bottled water and 2 12packs of diet soda (probably overkill) in my rolling softside cooler. Never opened the mixer bottle, as they didn't sell Kaluha on board as I had anticipated. Drank the wine, left the remaining soda and water for the room steward, took the mixer bottle home... Was able to use cooler as 'luggage' for return trip. Happy as a clam :p Would/Will do it again in a heartbeat!

PS... only for consumption in the privacy of my cabin/balcony ;) , but that's just me!

A~:)

I like to have a little something while getting ready for dinner, or before bed.

In April we packed a rolling cooler with Fruit 2 O, Corona cans, bottled water & soda. Slapped a name tag on it and received it in our room, no problemo.

Last cruise I packed a glass bottle of Zin & a mixer plastic bottle of Mudslides in my checked bag. I put a six pack of bottled water and 2 12packs of diet soda (probably overkill) in my rolling softside cooler. Never opened the mixer bottle, as they didn't sell Kaluha on board as I had anticipated. Drank the wine, left the remaining soda and water for the room steward, took the mixer bottle home... Was able to use cooler as 'luggage' for return trip. Happy as a clam :p Would/Will do it again in a heartbeat!

PS... only for consumption in the privacy of my cabin/balcony ;) , but that's just me!

A~:)

my mom told me just to pack the bottles in our checked bags and the worst that could happen is that they confiscate it. so i guess that's what i'm goign to do instead of trying to smuggle it on board. i have a soft baglike cooler to pack, so i'll just get ice when i get there...

You actually packed a rolling hard sided cooler with beer, soda and water? You attached a luggage tag on the cooler and checked it like luggage? Nothing was removed from your cooler? And did you tape the lid closed?

I am going on the Glory in Sept. and wanted to bring some water (which I always bring) and some mixed drinks but have never tried to before. Weren't you afraid that you won't get any of that stuff back? :confused:

Cruizinrican:)

Archived