Private excursions on Regent Seven Seas Voyager

liptonsoup

Apr. 23, 2014 Regent Seven Seas Voyager Stockholm June 28, 2014 to Oslo July 10, 2014:

We are 2 retired senior professionals, Canadian/American, reasonably mobile, who are visiting St. Petersburg for the first time. We are currently exploring various custom tour providers and would welcome input from you! The two of us would like to form a small group (max. 4 or possibly 6) for 2-day private custom tour of St. Petersburg (July 1 and 2) working around the excursions offered by Regent Seven Seas, with emphasis on Hermitage, 20th century history, etc.

Strongly recommend against using Regent for a private tour (due to exorbitant costs). St. Petersburg has some of the best tour companies in the world. They will arrange a tour that will meet your requirements. Rest assured that your tour guide will insure that you do not wait in long lines (aka queues).

• 2 weeks later...
Apr. 23, 2014 Regent Seven Seas Voyager Stockholm June 28, 2014 to Oslo July 10, 2014:

We are 2 retired senior professionals, Canadian/American, reasonably mobile, who are visiting St. Petersburg for the first time. We are currently exploring various custom tour providers and would welcome input from you! The two of us would like to form a small group (max. 4 or possibly 6) for 2-day private custom tour of St. Petersburg (July 1 and 2) working around the excursions offered by Regent Seven Seas, with emphasis on Hermitage, 20th century history, etc.

We took this trip five years ago and I can't stop raving or talking about the great tour guide we had in St Petersburg for 3 days. Here is the link. http://www.redoctober.ru. I agree with travelcat2. DO NOT book through Regents the private tours.

We first booked, Red October tours, for two days and ended up adding an extra day when we were there. You don't need a visa to Russia, they will take care of the paperwork for you. We were picked up at a decent hour around 9:30am (after all the tours left) and were brought back around 4 or 5 each day. We felt like VIP's the entire time. We zipped through lines, got premium seats on the hydrofoil from Peterhof back the hermitage, private car picked us up from no car zone area when it was pouring and I can go on and on....We did not pick any of their already preset tours, we told them exactly what we wanted to do. We paid around $1100 for two of us for 3 days. Our guide, Tanya, a young teacher, was the nicest ever and the most accommodating. We ate at local restaurants (what we wanted) rather than touristy ones etc.....I highly highly recommend them.

I dealt with Irena for the booking and the entire process was so smooth although I had to cancel the tour (pre-cruise) because of a family emergency. Then when we rebooked it, Irena was more than understanding.

Thanks for the info!! We have been communicating with a number of tour companies and will certainly consider your recommendations.

You are very welcome.... We loved St Petersburg. Good luck in your search if you need more info let us know....half the fun of cruising is all the planning ahead of time. Enjoy :)