Canal cruise in Feb help

Valiamo

The DW and I want to do a cruise for our 30 anniversary. The one thing she has always wanted to do is the Panama Canal. I have tried unsuccessfully several websites, including this one to find some cruises that are in early Feb that do the Canal as part of the cruise. Length or cruise line is not an issue.

Ideas, suggestions, thoughts?

Valiamo, I'm not sure what Web sites you are looking at ... Princess, Holland America, and Celebrity/Royal Caribbean are all doing Canal trips in February. The Canal trip you book is important as there are lots of considerations and variations, which is why I've included a chapter in my book about "Booking Passage." This is a good time to book for next year because a lot of the cruise lines have good advance booking discounts. As far as the Canal itself goes one stateroom is no "better" than another, since during the Canal passage you want to be out and about the ship seeing the Canal from all vantage points. My advice is to book a trip that lets you get off and spend a day seeing Panama and not just a ship that barrels through without stopping.

Regards, Richard

Thanks for the response. Will have to take a look at the various sites closer. I have used a cruise tracker website, and kept my search to Panama Canal, didn't think about stopping at Panama City or Colon.

I checked RCI again, and they have nothing that is around the Panama Canal in Feb (March yep, not Feb)..... Celebrity, most months except for Jan and Feb..

HAL, does have one worth looking at.. ms Veendam. As for cabins, we are partial to balcony rooms, done the insides enough, so their Lanai may fit the bill.

We already have 2015 booked, so are now thinking about 2016...

Thanks for the response. Will have to take a look at the various sites closer. I have used a cruise tracker website, and kept my search to Panama Canal, didn't think about stopping at Panama City or Colon.

I checked RCI again, and they have nothing that is around the Panama Canal in Feb (March yep, not Feb)..... Celebrity, most months except for Jan and Feb..

HAL, does have one worth looking at.. ms Veendam. As for cabins, we are partial to balcony rooms, done the insides enough, so their Lanai may fit the bill.

We already have 2015 booked, so are now thinking about 2016...

I see that the NCL Star has some full transit canal trips listed for Feb 2015 and Island Princess has one for that month. Nothing showing for 2016, but they may be coming.

Cunard has several trips listed for the Victoria. They are a little pricey.

Princess also has some partial transits listed for the Coral for Feb 2015, also.

Check your Email.

Edited by swedish weave

I see that the NCL Star has some full transit canal trips listed for Feb 2015 and Island Princess has one for that month. Nothing showing for 2016, but they may be coming.

Cunard has several trips listed for the Victoria. They are a little pricey.

Princess also has some partial transits listed for the Coral for Feb 2015, also.

Check your Email.

Thanks for the detail. Appreciated!