Bahamas Outdoors Ltd Biking

kicker

I booked a half day biking tour of Nassau with this company yesterday. They seem to have excellent reviews & comments everywhere I've looked. It'll be myself and my DS (26).

We'll be in Nassau an entire day (8AM until midnight). That means we can do the bike tour in the AM, still hit a beach, or find another activity.

Having been to Nassau several times (and its not my favorite port, although I did enjoy a Booze Cruise once, and Senor Frogs once); I thought the biking tour and seeing a different aspect of Nassau would be good.

If, like me and many others on here, you're not thrilled with Nassau as a port, maybe you should consider the biking excursions, or something else off the usual beaten path.

I booked a half day biking tour of Nassau with this company yesterday. They seem to have excellent reviews & comments everywhere I've looked. It'll be myself and my DS (26).

We'll be in Nassau an entire day (8AM until midnight). That means we can do the bike tour in the AM, still hit a beach, or find another activity.

Having been to Nassau several times (and its not my favorite port, although I did enjoy a Booze Cruise once, and Senor Frogs once); I thought the biking tour and seeing a different aspect of Nassau would be good.

If, like me and many others on here, you're not thrilled with Nassau as a port, maybe you should consider the biking excursions, or something else off the usual beaten path.

Kicker: I was on their website last week and liked what I read. Did Carolyn give you more detail about the biking tour and whether there were more people that signed up for that day, etc? Also, did she by any chance give you info about the kayaking adventure?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Kicker: I was on their website last week and liked what I read. Did Carolyn give you more detail about the biking tour and whether there were more people that signed up for that day, etc? Also, did she by any chance give you info about the kayaking adventure?

Thanks!

I only asked about times and availability for the biking, but her e-mail responses were quick and informative. The bike tour says up to six people at a time (I think the smallest group I've done an excursion with was 8), and right now it's just my son & I as far as I know.

We'll be in Nassau on May 21 - we're one of four ships in port that day, so maybe we'll end up with four more riders - that would still be a nice small group.

Another thing I like about this excursion: pickup is right near the port, rather than needing a long walk or taxi. I'm sure I'll post about our excursion on here when we get back, but that won't be until the 23rd or 24th.

Thanks for the formation, Kicker! I just sent an email over to Carolyn so we will see what comes of the kayaks adventure... I'll make sure to post it on here for anyone else who is interested.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I never cared for Nassau before, but this bike tour gave me an entirely different perspective. Nassau is beautiful when you get to see the parts others never glimpse.

The bike tour was just my son (26) & I led by Carolyn, who runs Bahamas Outdoors. Carolyn was fantastic. She picked us up near the port, brought us to her home to start the bike tour, where we played with her dog Yager for a while and saw several variety of birds using her bird feeders. The biking was at our own pace through regular streets where we encountered several homeowners and workers, all of whom were friendly (except for some guys cutting palm branches for no apparent good reason; Carolyn questioned them and they wouldn't answer - she is a great defender and protector of the land). We biked to a beach, through some off road sites, saw things you can't possibly see from a tour bus, and overall had a great time - well worth the cost.

I guess if you enjoy paying to see homes of famous people, or spending the day near port at the shops, you might not like the biking idea. For me personally, it gave me a new appreciation of Nassau and its people.

• 3 months later...

Visiting Nassau again next month, and after reading the threads on here I had to throw my two cents in. I read someone who described Nassau as a ghetto. My advice: do a Nature or Bird Watching Excursion (or bikes if available), and you'll see beautiful parts of Nassau that most people never see. I'm seriously considering using this company again - can't say enough good things about it.