Book Next Cruise while on board

MVoelker

We did this on the Splendor last year. There aren't special deals offered on board as far as rates go. Whatever rates/sales were showing on the website is what we were offered. The advantage to booking onboard is that we got a $100 OBC and two vouchers for friend/family to get $100 OBC should they decide to book the same cruise. We ended up having friends join us, so it worked out well.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't mean to highjack your thread OP but I plan on booking a cruise on Liberty while I'm on Victory in August. If I book using any other deal besides Early Saver I won't be able to take advantage of the price drops up that come along will I?

Yes, I did this last Dec on the Freedom for a cruise on the Liberty in Jan 2015. You will get an OBC based on the length of the cruise booked. I think it is 50 for up to 6 days, 100 for 7-12, 200 for 13+. You will also get 2 Family and Friend certificates that gives the opportunity to book additional cabins after you get back for 60 days and they will get the OBC as well.

My recommendation is you "know" which cruise you want to take, port, travel dates, and cabin (pick a few in case they get sold). Plus, have the total price with you as well. It not only makes it easier, it tells you if you have the same deal you can get on the outside. I would do this one or two days before the cruise or you can even do it onboard at the ship internet terminals (no charge).

Last recommendation is to do this early into the cruise. As the cruise goes by, the FCC desk will get busier and busier.

Steve

Don't mean to highjack your thread OP but I plan on booking a cruise on Liberty while I'm on Victory in August. If I book using any other deal besides Early Saver I won't be able to take advantage of the price drops up that come along will I?

You will still get price drops until final payment is due.

• 1 month later...
Yes, I did this last Dec on the Freedom for a cruise on the Liberty in Jan 2015. You will get an OBC based on the length of the cruise booked. I think it is 50 for up to 6 days, 100 for 7-12, 200 for 13+. You will also get 2 Family and Friend certificates that gives the opportunity to book additional cabins after you get back for 60 days and they will get the OBC as well.

My recommendation is you "know" which cruise you want to take, port, travel dates, and cabin (pick a few in case they get sold). Plus, have the total price with you as well. It not only makes it easier, it tells you if you have the same deal you can get on the outside. I would do this one or two days before the cruise or you can even do it onboard at the ship internet terminals (no charge).

Last recommendation is to do this early into the cruise. As the cruise goes by, the FCC desk will get busier and busier.

Steve

Hi Steve...you have helped me out before ;)

I need some clarification on the family & friends voucher...looks like I misunderstood something.

May 5th, while on the Pride I booked a B2B on the Triumph for January 2016.

I see my $100 credit per cruise for booking on board, has been applied.

Here is where I may have been mistaken...

I was able to get a F&F voucher for the same 2 cruises in January. They booked before me and I am still under the 60 days. I called Carnival and was told I cannot use this extra voucher as I already have the $100 per cruise credit for having booked on board the Pride.

I thought I had seen where some people were able to "double dip" like this.

Anyone know if this can be done??

Thanks!

Jan, glad I was able to help before...

If I understand correctly, you booked the B2B onboard and received the OBC. You then contacted your friend/family to use the F&F coupon you received. Is this correct? I thought the OBC for the F&F was given to the friend/family member that booked the same cruise within the 60 day window but could be wrong since I didn't look at it that closely when we booked last Dec onboard the Freedom.

Steve

Jan, glad I was able to help before...

If I understand correctly, you booked the B2B onboard and received the OBC. You then contacted your friend/family to use the F&F coupon you received. Is this correct? I thought the OBC for the F&F was given to the friend/family member that booked the same cruise within the 60 day window but could be wrong since I didn't look at it that closely when we booked last Dec onboard the Freedom.

Steve

I know tis confusing.

Yes I booked the B2B onboard and got the OBC.

Just had vouchers sent to me for the same B2B cruise.

They booked before me, so I thought I could use their voucher

for an additional OBC.

Carnival rep I talked to said no.

I've read some posts where people have received different answers to questions depending on who they talk with.

That is why I am asking if anyone knows if this can be done.

You will still get price drops until final payment is due.

Even after the final payment is due, you can receive onboard credit if the price drops. I'm up to $470 OBC for my cruise in 4 weeks! IMO, Early Saver is the way to go.

I know tis confusing.

Yes I booked the B2B onboard and got the OBC.

Just had vouchers sent to me for the same B2B cruise.

They booked before me, so I thought I could use their voucher

for an additional OBC.

Carnival rep I talked to said no.

I've read some posts where people have received different answers to questions depending on who they talk with.

That is why I am asking if anyone knows if this can be done.

Jan,

You booked the cruise for yourself and received the promotional OBC for you for doing that. The F&F vouchers are then for you to give to others so they can book the same cruise within the 60 day windows in order to get the same OBC for themselves.

Jan,

You booked the cruise for yourself and received the promotional OBC for you for doing that. The F&F vouchers are then for you to give to others so they can book the same cruise within the 60 day windows in order to get the same OBC for themselves.

Thanks for the reply!

I found out from another source that I am unable to "double dip".

Oh well, can't blame a girl for trying :o

Hey Jan, good thought to try... never hurts to ask... worse they can say is "no". And sometimes you may get a person who agrees.

Almost got a double shareholder OBC because I would buy an additional 100 shares of stock (wife already has 100+). Person I spoke with said yes, but then had to check... answer after checking was no.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to get a voucher by putting $100 down and they give you a booking code that you can call carnival and book at a later date, or transfer it to a travel agent? Then when you are ready to book, you have the $100 down payment and $100 OBC.

Stef, You must go through the full booking on board to get the credit. I know you don't have to pay it in full and can just put down the deposit. What I've read here is that some have "switched" cruises once they get home and the OBC stays with it. Though, you may be responsible for paying the cancellation fee.

Steve

Before you book on board check the rates at the website. Last time we wanted to book on board they claimed the number I said was wrong and refused to look at website. Refused to bood on the ship.

Sure enough got home and website price was the one we booked at.