Help Please!

I am trying to decide on a cabin for my husband and I.

Its on the Epic, beginning of December. Deck 10, category BE, forward and aft rooms.

My husband and I are both prone to seasickness.

My question is, should we stick with forward or aft rooms? Is either one better?

Are all the balconies the same size? Looking at the deck pictures, it looks like 10073, 10284, 10283 have smaller decks?

Is there any reason why there is no divider showing on the balcony between cabins 10288 and 10284?

Thanks for the help!!

Yes, we usually try for midship. And we might upgrade later, but right now the rooms are on sale and I need to decide in that category.

I figure aft is better as well. I called Norwegian and they say all the decks are standard 51sq ft. So hopefully this holds true.

Thanks!

Epic has more motion towards the aft.

Regardless, as much towards mid as possible. We were in a BD on deck 9 but the last one before it became mid. It was fine... (9158?)

Edited by Medtech2

You might have already tried this, but search this site with Epic and then the cabin number. You might find out if any of the balconies are bigger in the category you're looking at. I've never been on Epic, but I've read of things called "hump balconies" that have different dimensions than other ones in the same category. You also might find out if/why there's a missing balcony divider.

I am trying to decide on a cabin for my husband and I.

Its on the Epic, beginning of December. Deck 10, category BE, forward and aft rooms.

My husband and I are both prone to seasickness.

My question is, should we stick with forward or aft rooms? Is either one better?

Are all the balconies the same size? Looking at the deck pictures, it looks like 10073, 10284, 10283 have smaller decks?

Is there any reason why there is no divider showing on the balcony between cabins 10288 and 10284?

Thanks for the help!!

If you're both prone to seasickness, I'd go to a lower deck and mid-ship.

You might have already tried this, but search this site with Epic and then the cabin number. You might find out if any of the balconies are bigger in the category you're looking at. I've never been on Epic, but I've read of things called "hump balconies" that have different dimensions than other ones in the same category. You also might find out if/why there's a missing balcony divider.

Thanks meglet! One search came up with various views f the cabins...very helpful!

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Forums mobile app

We had 8114 on the Epic a couple of weeks ago and felt very little motion. One night there was some rocking, but not enough to bother us. Also, 8112 and 8114, and the equivalent starboard side cabins (8113 and 8115, I think) are the first of the covered balconies on Deck 8 and also do not have lifeboats below them.

There are some pictures of 8114 in this set on Flickr...

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjXazrd5

What you are referring to on Epic is Cat B6 "Large Balconies".