Greek Islands - late Sept/early Oct?

JVNYC

Good day! I'm looking at an Oceania Riviera itinerary - Sept 27 - Oct 5, 2015.

I've been to the Greek Isles in May and in August. I like the heat and the warm nights on the ship so I don't mind July and August in Greece. Plus the sun every day and the winds are wonderful. I'm afraid I'd be disappointed going later in the season.

Has anyone been to the Greek Isles during late Sept/early Oct? What is your experience? Cloudy? Any rain?

Thanks for your time!

Edited by JVNYC

Yep, did it on the Riviera two years ago around the middle of October. The weather was perfect for me. Not too hot, not too cold - perfect. We wore shorts and t's during the day, broke a little sweat sometimes, but it was not sweltering. Evenings were usually mild, although maybe a light shirt or shawl was useful sometimes. It never rained a drop, except for five minutes in Corfu.

I do like swimming and took the Adriatic plunge once. The water was pretty cool, but I'm used to that up here where I live. Too cold to lie around in the water, but just fine for a short burst of swimming enthusiasm.

I liked it so much I'm going back this Oct. on RCI's Serenade. Got too fat eating all that rich food on O last time! Have a great trip!

September & October are the very BEST months to cruise the Mediteranean.

The sauna heat of June & July are gone, as have the mind numbing crowds.

Weather in September & Ocober is just magical, and being shoulder peak everything is still open but the peak season crowds are gone.

We always do the Mediteranean in September or October . And OCEANIA is just the best mature cruise line, certainly not the cheapest but definitely the best value for money . (None of the Princess nonsense of silly little annoying charges for cappacinos, or $ 20 extra for specialty restaurants, and no silly penny pinching on food quality or quantity.)

I'll be on the Norwegion Jade in October. Glad the hear the weather is perfect. I love the heat and the sun in the Caribbean but prefer sunny and not so hot in Europe. For one day in a port I don't need to lie on a beach. JMO.

• 1 month later...

Good day all. Just was hoping for a few more comments on sailing the Greek Isles in late Sept/early Oct. We are now thinking of doing a b2b and sailing on to Barcelona from Oct 5-13.

I have done all summer cruises as I like the warm balmy nights so I'm curious how the nights will be in this timeframe. Any thoughts? Thanks!!

We just booked this one yesterday, although we wish we weren't waiting more than a year!

Glad to hear that our thoughts about a good time to take a cruise in Greece seem to be right on.

We wanted to try to avoid the worst of the heat, and also some of the crowds.

GeezerCouple

Glad to hear you booked GeezerCouple. I'm likely confirming this as well. Any port on Riviera is a joy!

I'm probably one of the only people here that like sailing the Med in summer. I like getting up very early in the morning and stepping out onto the balcony and feeling that warm wind as the sun has come up. I like not having to grab a jacket. =)

I'm sure the late Sept/early Oct days will be lovely. Just worry that I'll need a jacket when the sun goes down.