Just Curious

kelkel2

For those of you who have made requests to John Heald for seating requests like a table for 2, or a table by the window, a ship on a stick etc..Do you actually get it?

I would love to do late seating traditional dinner but REALLY want a table for 2 on our next cruise and although i really don't want to I'm not against asking John Heald for a table for 2 if that actually works. I'm just curious I see people ask him almost every day for things like this so I was just curious if he actually comes through for you and is reliable?

For those of you who have made requests to John Heald for seating requests like a table for 2, or a table by the window, a ship on a stick etc..Do you actually get it?

I would love to do late seating traditional dinner but REALLY want a table for 2 on our next cruise and although i really don't want to I'm not against asking John Heald for a table for 2 if that actually works. I'm just curious I see people ask him almost every day for things like this so I was just curious if he actually comes through for you and is reliable?

Have you seen that some people just email the Maitre'd directly? I have seen posts with the email addresses listed.

You can ask John, he will be more than happy to try to help you. But you HAVE to realize that he gets dozens of requests and that he doesn't always get the requests into the ships on time. Most of the time it is one of his assistants that is actually doing this. Then you have to realize that the Maitre'd just may not be able to comply with the request. There are only so many tables for 2 available.

So does everyone who asks John to get them a 2 top get one? no, I doubt it very much. I would even say that it's few at best. This just isn't his area of control. He is being nice enough to try to help but I wouldn't rely on him being able to come through.

If it is going to make or break your cruise to have a table for 2 then I suggest doing your time dinning and waiting for a table. You can ask for a 2 top when you go to YTD but you may end up waiting for one to free up.

Well, it wouldn't ever make or break our cruise. Obviously we love to cruise regardless of what table we are at. It was more of a curiosity thing really. I was just wondering if people actually got what they asked for. I mean people ask him for things every single day but I was just curious if it worked...

Hi: To answer the question you asked, on 2 previous cruises I asked him for help in getting a table for 2 at the late seating. On both occasions he came through for us and we got the table for two. If you dont want to take a chance that way, as a previous post stated, book YTD. We do that all the time now and always get our table. We usually go to dinner a little before late seating, and at that time there should be very little wait. From our experience from 7 - 8 is the hot hour for YTD.

If you've booked your cruise through a TA or PVP, why not make the request through him/her rather than ask John Heald? Then, after you've embarked, stop by the MDR and ask the Maitre' D if your request was received.

Well, it wouldn't ever make or break our cruise. Obviously we love to cruise regardless of what table we are at. It was more of a curiosity thing really. I was just wondering if people actually got what they asked for. I mean people ask him for things every single day but I was just curious if it worked...

I would just email the Maitre'd.

I had always wanted a 2 person table but not enough to ask for one. On the Splendor we were assigned a 2 person table. By the 3rd day we had met another couple at a nearby 4 person table. Their other couple never came to the MDR so we spent the rest of the cruise eating with them while our 2 person table went empty. Odd how things work out sometimes.

Edited by Miller_KC

If you post the request nicely on his Facebook page one of his assistants will contact the correct matre'd. He can only do so much, but it works for tables for 2 in most cases. He will sometimes also send some chocolate dipped strawberries if you are celabrating an event. The key is to ask nicely and not be demanding.

On our last Carnival cruise, I was one of those whose request of JH fell through the cracks. I just had a simple question about the ship, that I couldn't get answered elsewhere, but I never heard back. He's a very busy guy. :(

On the same cruise, a B2B2B, we had some table requests for all three legs. One email to the Maitre-d' took care of all of it, and we received the requested tables. Easy. :D

Good luck!