Best Carnival Ship for 4yo Son

michiganian

What ship has the best kids' program, activities, etc. for a 4 yr old? I feel like Carnival's website is not as user-friendly at comparing each ships amenities.

The Freedom will have Seuss at Sea and are adding a revamped childrens program formerly known as Camp carnival, now called Camp Ocean. The Freedom is currently in drydock, in case you weren't aware. Other than that I know the Breeze has a nice waterpark, arcade, and ropes course, however your child may not meet the height requirements, not sure what the requirement is.

We cruised with our 3 year old on the Breeze in January. It was fabulous! He enjoyed his class (and actually asked to go several times each day!). The kids program has a limited number of cell phones, but if you get one it's a direct line between you and your kid all day long. That helped me feel at ease. They even called us once because he was upset about something and asked for us. It really gave us peace of mind and it showed how attentive the workers were. Camp Carnival offers activities for parents and kids to do together too. You get a schedule of each day's activities. It's great.

Outside of his class, there's a lot to do. In no particular order: we played a lot of mini-golf. There's a place where the ball comes down a spinny thing from one deck to another and he did that about 100 times. The water park was wonderful with a lot of knobs and buckets and slides that he can do on his own while you sit nearby and watch/sunbathe. There's a big selection of games in the library. There's a candy shop. The main dining rooms have kids menus and patient staff. The room stewards love kids. There's an entire deck that wraps around the outside of the ship, and that was a nice quiet place to walk when the constant noise/people/activity of the ship became overwhelming or for the times he needed an attitude "reset".

Not sure if your little one still naps, but much to my surprise our son could sleep quite easily and didn't even wake up when the horn sounded to leave the port or when the announcement "ding" would go off. We were also concerned about noisy hallways at night. But we had no issues, thankfully!

Sorry to be lengthy, but there's a lot to say. It was ideal for a little one. We loved it.

We have taken our 6 yo on the Dream, Pride and Freedom. Of the three he liked the Dream the best (he was four when we did that one). He really loved the water park area (he was tall enough) and there seemed like there were a few more activities for kids on the Dream than the other two. Now he did still really enjoy the other ships, but I think some of the newer ships have more for kids to do.

We just took our 5 and 3 year olds on the Dream and they loved it! The Camp was great, good counselors and a lot of variety in activities. Also they loved the little kid water park area they have 2 smaller slides perfect size for them. I think any ship of this class would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What ship has the best kids' program, activities, etc. for a 4 yr old? I feel like Carnival's website is not as user-friendly at comparing each ships amenities.

Carnival Freedom. It will be fresh out of dry dock next month and will have the newly added 2.0 upgrades. Freedom has Seuss at Sea which a 4 year old would love.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5646

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5799