Very important question! Need to know!

We haven't had limes on the last few cruises. Shortage. The bartenders are very apologetic, but it is what it is. However we always bring limes on board. Usually 4 or 5. We carry a "snack bag" as we like to have drinks and nuts, etc. on the balcony. My wife drinks club soda with lime, and also gin or vodka and tonic with lime. So "if" we were to have some in our room, we'd need limes. So we bring them on board. Never an issue. Just don't try and take them off. That is a NO-NO!

The lime shortage has been all over the news, print, online, TV. Mexico, which produces 97% of the limes consumed in the U.S., has had a spell of bad weather, so limes are scarce.

Here's an article on it from the Wall St. Journal. Shortened the link, hope it's OK:

http://*******.com/ljbtgoa

With cruise lines cutting corners everywhere else, I would be surprised if they'd shell out $100+ a case to keep limes onboard.

I couldn't find anything in the FAQ regarding bringing limes on board so I asked the question via email. Their response? No fresh produce can be brought on board the cruise ship. Pre-packaged snacks are permitted.

Edited by traveling1969