CCL Mastercard

karinad

I forgot to cash in my points after our last Carnival Cruise in Sept. It would've been my first time doing it. We only cruise once a year and this year we're doing a NCL out of NY because of convenience. Wanted to go on CCL, but not available.

Did I read somewhere that the points could be used for other travel? I'd wait until our next time on NCL, but I hate to wait a couple years.

Thanks!

Yes, the points can be used for any travel. You won't earn double points like you would charging a CCL trip, but the points can be used for your NCL cruise, or for airfare or hotels. Happy travels!

Yes, the points can be used for any travel. You won't earn double points like you would charging a CCL trip, but the points can be used for your NCL cruise, or for airfare or hotels. Happy travels!

Thank you! That makes me feel better! Even though it's only about $200., it's $200. closer to vacation!:)

Someone on this board suggested the Barclay Arrival World Card rather than the Carnival card. We have had the Carnival card for years, and saved $700 on this year's cruise. So we loved that card.

For the Arrival card, however, EVERY purchase earns 2%. When you redeem for travel (including Carnival) they give you 10% of your points BACK. Plus, a 20,000 bonus for signing up and charging a certain amount the first 3 months.

It's the best rewards card out there for travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Someone on this board suggested the Barclay Arrival World Card rather than the Carnival card. We have had the Carnival card for years, and saved $700 on this year's cruise. So we loved that card.

For the Arrival card, however, EVERY purchase earns 2%. When you redeem for travel (including Carnival) they give you 10% of your points BACK. Plus, a 20,000 bonus for signing up and charging a certain amount the first 3 months.

It's the best rewards card out there for travel.

Yes - and I followed that person's advice and got one for myself & then a few weeks later got a whole separate account for my husband. So far, btwn our 2 cards, we've gotten $975 back just since February. Barclay Arrival card has really done well for us.

Yes - and I followed that person's advice and got one for myself & then a few weeks later got a whole separate account for my husband. So far, btwn our 2 cards, we've gotten $975 back just since February. Barclay Arrival card has really done well for us.

I should also mention that when we did this, Barclay had a great deal going on where you spend $1,000 in 3 months and get the $400 back. That deal is no longer going on.

I just did a google for the Barclay Arrival Card. It looks like there are 2 different ones available. There's one with no annual fee and when you spend $1000. in 3 months you get 20,000 points. There's a $89. fee per year one, first yr. the fee is waived, and when you spend $3000. in 3 months you get 40,000. Take a look!

Thank you! It's always good to share our knowledge about how to use our money to make money. We haven't paid for airplane tickets or hotels for 0ver ten years. Our trips were all cruises and we only travel once a year. We used miles to go to Europe about 3 times for the 2 of us. We are NOT big spenders, and I never carry a balance on our credit cards. The way I mostly was able to do this was with the Bonus Offers, especially on the airline credit cards, and I also shop thru the online stores like Barclay has for the Carnival MasterCard.

I haven't earned a free cruise, just OBC's and probably won't earn enough. I think I have better luck for free airfare..

Thanks for posting this! Gonna check out the other Barclay card.

Another point to make is that if you want to use points for onboard credit, you must do so at least 15 days out. I wanted to do that for our upcoming cruise, but missed it by 2 days. :rolleyes: Gues I will have to save it for next time. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
The points on the regular Carnival card are good for 5 years so there's no rush to cash them in.

FWIW...I just called Barclay's to see when my points would start expiring and the customer service rep said they have removed the 5 year expiration feature and currently they do not expire.

Your welcome folks :)

Please do your research on credit cards before you sign up for one. Heres a hint: If it has a brand name on it RUN AWAY YOUR GIVING AWAY FREE MONEY.

The Arrival card is by far the best rewards card out there and as of right now there is nothing even close to it. 2% back on everything then 10% back on redeemed points.

Plus, you can blog your travel stories to earn bonus miles that work exactly like your purchase miles. 250 miles for every blog you right. Then ten miles for every "Like" you get on your blog.

The rewards work for any cruiseline, hotel, airline, car rental, anything travel related.

Edited by cbell21219

FWIW...I just called Barclay's to see when my points would start expiring and the customer service rep said they have removed the 5 year expiration feature and currently they do not expire.

Thanks! That's good to know!