Is the Dream getting upgrades in 2015?

DScroggy5

We are looking at booking a friends and family cruise on the Dream out of NOLA for Nov-Dec 2015. When I called Carnival, the PCC stated that he was 90% sure that the Dream would be getting dry docked early 2015 and getting the FUN Ship 2.0 updgrades. Does anyone know if this is true? I DO NOT want to be on a ship without Guy's Burger :)

Thanks!

If I remember right, the Dream was drydocked either late 2012 or early 2013.....after Guy's came out and it wasn't added then. I can't imagine that it would have another big drydock so soon, but who knows. I haven't been able to predict their schedule at all! When we booked the Freedom in June, it wasn't at all scheduled, and now we're the 4th sailing after it returns. :)

If you for sure want Guy's, I would book a ship that for sure has a Guy's!

We are looking at booking a friends and family cruise on the Dream out of NOLA for Nov-Dec 2015. When I called Carnival, the PCC stated that he was 90% sure that the Dream would be getting dry docked early 2015 and getting the FUN Ship 2.0 updgrades. Does anyone know if this is true? I DO NOT want to be on a ship without Guy's Burger :)

Thanks!

I think it's a sad day when you get a big beautiful ship with amenities other ships don't have, but you omit a ship because of a hamburger:confused:

We really enjoyed Guy's and want them again. Considering we are sailing with NCL in January apparently we will sail on a ship without Guy's burger. Just a preference, thanks!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

We were on the Dream for the repositioning cruise to New Orleans. On our last sea day there was a Q&A with the cruise director. He said that the Dream is the last ship currently scheduled for a dry dock that will include Guys Burgers.....he said the next dry dock for the Dream won't happen until late 2015

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do find it odd they didn't put a Guys Burger joint on the Dream or the Magic. But they do have the seaside BBQ. Which I loved.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app

Guys was introduced after the Magic was built... And she hasn't had a dry dock yet. I was saddened to hear that.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app