Specialty coffee on Diamond Princess

Hamptoncruiser

Sailing on Diamond Princess next year and was thinking of getting a coffee card. Looking at the deck plans, I'm not sure if or where specialty coffees would be served. Does Diamond Princess offer them? Thanks

There is a coffee bar on deck 5. You can also order specialty coffees in the dining room using your card. I also think in the Horizon Court there might also be a venue.

In addition to the bar that serves specialty coffee on deck 5, the Calypso bar on deck 14 serves them as well. This was in Dec/Jan before the recent dry dock so I don't know if there's been a change.

Are they using the coffee bar in the Internet cafe?

Since they are refitting the ship for the Japanese market, I would expect a dedicated tearoom somewhere.

No coffee in the internet cafe and no tearoom. When I asked the Hotel Manager if they were going to change the afternoon tea to a Japanese Tea service I was told absolutely not since it takes too long. I personally think the huge Sushi bar could double as a tearoom.

No coffee in the internet cafe and no tearoom. When I asked the Hotel Manager if they were going to change the afternoon tea to a Japanese Tea service I was told absolutely not since it takes too long. I personally think the huge Sushi bar could double as a tearoom.

They aren't even serving coffee and pastries in the cafe early AM? Used to be up to about 10:30.

They aren't even serving coffee and pastries in the cafe early AM? Used to be up to about 10:30.

Nothing in the internet cafe which is in a new location on 5 so that may be the reason. Deck 5 is where the coffee bar (that should have been extended to an International Cafe) is. Lots of wasted space on 5.

Nothing in the internet cafe which is in a new location on 5 so that may be the reason. Deck 5 is where the coffee bar (that should have been extended to an International Cafe) is. Lots of wasted space on 5.

Gotcha. Didn't realize they moved the internet area.

Hi - just returned from the Diamond Princess.

Yes - the Lobby bar on Deck 5 (there is no international cafe still post dry dock!!) would be the main coffee place to use the card. You can use it in other locations also, but the selection is more limited. (ie - I could use it in areas such as Crooners bar, or the Wheelhouse bar, MDR to order - say a cappacino, but not a Vanilla bean Latte). Hope this helps.

P.S - the girls at the Lobby bar are absolutely lovely.

• 4 months later...
Hi - just returned from the Diamond Princess.

Yes - the Lobby bar on Deck 5 (there is no international cafe still post dry dock!!) would be the main coffee place to use the card. You can use it in other locations also, but the selection is more limited. (ie - I could use it in areas such as Crooners bar, or the Wheelhouse bar, MDR to order - say a cappacino, but not a Vanilla bean Latte). Hope this helps.

P.S - the girls at the Lobby bar are absolutely lovely.

What time in the morning does the Lobby Bar open? I love my GOOD coffee with my journal early in the morning. ;)