Just off the Sunshine

b2dhx

What a great 8 night cruise. The ship, service, food and entertainment was wonderful. Carnival did an excellent job with the remodeling. They have maximized space. My wife and I really enjoyed the new show format with a smaller cast but live singing. Tortola and Cane Garden Bay was very nice. We also took Carnival's afternoon excursion to Jost Van Dyke. Orient Bay in Saint Marten. Beach at Grand Turk with lunch at Jack's, Magen's Bay in St. Thomas. This was Carnival trip # 16 with # 17 coming in August.

Glad that you enjoyed your trip.

We are booked for November and are so looking forward to cruising on the Sunshine. And cruising out of DH's favorite embarkation port---Port Canaveral. :)

Edited by tinyrose

What a great 8 night cruise. The ship, service, food and entertainment was wonderful. Carnival did an excellent job with the remodeling. They have maximized space. My wife and I really enjoyed the new show format with a smaller cast but live singing. Tortola and Cane Garden Bay was very nice. We also took Carnival's afternoon excursion to Jost Van Dyke. Orient Bay in Saint Marten. Beach at Grand Turk with lunch at Jack's, Magen's Bay in St. Thomas. This was Carnival trip # 16 with # 17 coming in August.

Great news! We are leaving on this same itinerary in 20 days:)

No but it looked good and everyone seemed to enjoy it. It is on the back of the boat and a great place to eat to get away from the crowds. It becomes a specialty restaurant at night. I really enjoyed the burgers and fries at lunch. We ate in the main dinning room each night.

No but it looked good and everyone seemed to enjoy it. It is on the back of the boat and a great place to eat to get away from the crowds. It becomes a specialty restaurant at night. I really enjoyed the burgers and fries at lunch. We ate in the main dinning room each night.

We just returned from the same cruise.

I have nothing bad to say about the sunshine and plan on doing a more detailed review. Would I tell someone to sail on her, definitely. I would likely sail on a different boat if itinerary's are equal just because I've done the

Sunshine already. It is definitely a Carnival boat and if you are looking for familiarity/consistancy that is what you will get. We had a great time but both my wife and I feel the Dream was a little bit better boat.

Edited by thebsinmiss

The best I can remember is that the formals were on Sunday and Friday. I am not sure about the deck parties. The nights run together looking back as I head to reality this morning.

Finally home Monday afternoon.

We have a copy of all the "Fun Times" for the April 19th sailing so ask away !

Sunday April 20 and Friday April 25 were "Cruise Elegant" dining nights.

A quick review of the sheets shows the following

Monday April 21 - Mardi Gras Party in Sunshine Attrium (10 pm)

Tuesday April 22 - Redfrog's Caribbean Beach Party at Beach Pool 9:45 PM on

Thursday April 24 - Blue iguana's Mexican Fiesta at Beach Pool 9:45 PM on

That seems to be it of "Theme Parties"

Finally home Monday afternoon.

We have a copy of all the "Fun Times" for the April 19th sailing so ask away !

Sunday April 20 and Friday April 25 were "Cruise Elegant" dining nights.

A quick review of the sheets shows the following

Monday April 21 - Mardi Gras Party in Sunshine Attrium (10 pm)

Tuesday April 22 - Redfrog's Caribbean Beach Party at Beach Pool 9:45 PM on

Thursday April 24 - Blue iguana's Mexican Fiesta at Beach Pool 9:45 PM on

That seems to be it of "Theme Parties"

Great, thanks for this, it helps me when planning my evenings. I leave for my trip in the morning, YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!:D

I also was on this cruise. Had cabin 2299 and no smells... for those that are concerned. The shelves in the closets are very narrow. The bathroom sink area is small and the shelves in there are not as big as when the sink is on the other wall. Do not like the fact that the TV is not interactive as checking balance, seeing menu, ordering excursion tickets, etc. Both my husband and I agree we like the Dream much better. The Dream did not feel as crowded to us as the Sunshine made us feel. Guys Burgers were great. We would not rush to sail on her again, unless the price was too good to pass up. Service was good and the crew was very friendly. No problems there. The color tones are very light and airy, but the lights in Lido over the tables were in the way when you stood up and some hit their heads on them. All in all we enjoyed ourselves since we adapt to any ship. I would not tell anyone not to sail on her, I would tell them to try it for themselves.

I also was on this cruise. Had cabin 2299 and no smells... for those that are concerned. The shelves in the closets are very narrow. The bathroom sink area is small and the shelves in there are not as big as when the sink is on the other wall. Do not like the fact that the TV is not interactive as checking balance, seeing menu, ordering excursion tickets, etc. Both my husband and I agree we like the Dream much better. The Dream did not feel as crowded to us as the Sunshine made us feel. Guys Burgers were great. We would not rush to sail on her again, unless the price was too good to pass up. Service was good and the crew was very friendly. No problems there. The color tones are very light and airy, but the lights in Lido over the tables were in the way when you stood up and some hit their heads on them. All in all we enjoyed ourselves since we adapt to any ship. I would not tell anyone not to sail on her, I would tell them to try it for themselves.

I'm sailing in 60 days on the Sunshine and have been checking the boards for quite some time. This will be our 2nd cruise with the 1st one being on the Legend two years ago (with interactive TV). It amazes me that with all the 2.0 upgrades on the Sunshine, the TV would not be interactive. Seems like the lines at the service desk will be a bit longer because of this.

The lines at the service desk were never a problem for us. Went 5-6 times to do things and never had more than 3 people ahead of me. There are kiosks to check your sign/sail and they can print so that is how most people seemed to do things.

Had to laugh about the lights in the Lido comment. I am only 5-8 and whacked my head at least 6 times during the cruise. Hate to imagine what happens with anyone over 6 feet.

As for the bathrooms, yes they were small with little counter space. If you are a "spread your stuff out type of person" this is going to be an issue for you. I used the mens locker room showers everyday instead of our bathroom. Left the space for my wife and daughter !