steakhouse question

gbphatcat

I am traveling solo on the dream in September (my birthday cruise) and was thinking about doing the steakhouse on my birthday which is friday during the cruise, however here is my question, If i change my reservation to the first night will the still give me the bottle of wine i was thinking and could i keep it til friday and share it with my tablemates in the mdr that friday instead does it need to be kept chilled and will i jave to pay corkage fee on friday thanks for your answers:)

I went solo to the steakhouse on the first night on Splendor this past January. It was excellent. I did receive the free bottle of wine. I chose the red and it was very good with my meal. I had half the bottle left. The waiter wrote my name and cabin # on the bottle and said it would go to the wine cellar. The next night in the MDR, I told my waiter and she had it retrieved from the cellar. No problem at all.

At the steakhouse, I recommend the jumbo shrimp cocktain for the appetizer, then the tableside made Cesar salad, the surf and turf for the entree and the cheesecake for dessert.

I will also be on my birthday cruise next month on the Carnival Paradise. Unfortunately the Paradise does not have a steakhouse. I will be in Cozumel on my birthday. I plan on going to the all inclusive Mr. Sanchos and enjoy the beach.

Enjoy your birthday cruise!:cool:

The wine really isn't very good. I wouldn't change the reservation just to get it, or keep it to share with my tablemates.

not changing it just for the wine the people i was to be dining with are noy going to be able to make the cruise so i thought i would join with people from my roll call that are going the first night:)

The wine really isn't very good. I wouldn't change the reservation just to get it, or keep it to share with my tablemates.

To each his own. We have enjoyed the red a couple of times on the first night at the steakhouse. Not so the white.

As for corkage fee, since it is a wine on Carnival's wine list, no fee will be charged.

To each his own. We have enjoyed the red a couple of times on the first night at the steakhouse. Not so the white.

As for corkage fee, since it is a wine on Carnival's wine list, no fee will be charged.

To anyone who is sailing on the Valor --

If you eat at the steakhouse on the first night you will be charged sales tax, since Valor doesn't sail until 10 p.m. The tax was about $7 for 3 people, or around 7%.

We did this on the Valor a couple of weeks ago and got the free bottle of wine. The red was Santa Carolina merlot, and it was decent wine.

I would still eat at the steakhouse the first night, in spite of the tax. It was a nice way to start our vacation. Also, since the first night on the Valor has open seating in the MDR, it's not like you're missing meeting your tablemates.