Assuming for free may cost extra money???

lilmsonry

Please post what items are in the cabin for you to use for an extra charge that they put on your sail and sign card in the end. Ya know, the ones that you might have thought were "nice little extra's"? Don't want to assume anything and get charged. I have read that there are razors, toothpaste....can't remember the rest, that are free, but don't want to mix up them for the ones that they charge. Will need the charge type items removed prior to 3 kids using them, as not to be charged for them. Please help, don't want to find out the hard way! Thanks a bunch!!!:)

The only things I can think of in the cabins that aren't complimentary are the Cokes/Sprites and bottled water. All the little sample-size items in the amenity basket are 'free'.

I've read posts where folks were astonished that they were charged for the bottled water. There is a price list on a card right by all the drinks.:rolleyes: Yep, you'd better let your kids know this!

There is a goodie basket in the bathroom with free product samples - razor, mouthwash, etc (referencing last year). What is not free are the beverages in your cabin - bottled water, sodas, etc. There should be a sign by them noting the charges, but I've cruised before where that wasn't present. If you take beverages from your vanity of fridge, they will be charged to your sign and sale account.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. The room stewards are used to this because even seasoned cruisers have questions when traveling different cruise lines since the policies vary.

Cotton and Happy: Thanks so very much! This is the 1st I have read about a card with prices being there, at least sometimes anyway. Also, on Carnival, is there a fridge in the guarantee rooms also?

Cotton--You mentioned you usually go beginning of September, are you going this year then?

:D I'm reeeeally being a procrastinator about my next cruise. I'm playing around with lots of ideas, but Alaska is in my head.....so we'll see. Guess I'd better make a decision soon. I was in burn-out mode after the Sensation cruise in November, and I'm really just now getting back into the idea of another cruise.

About the list of prices for soft drinks and water..... One has been in each of my cabins on all cruises. A cardboard tent card, standing right next to the Cokes and water.

If you have an oceanview cabin - there will be bathrobes for you to use - these are free, unless you pack them to take home.

There will be beach towels in all cabins - these are free for you to use - these are free - unless you lose them or take them home.

If you have a mini bar - these items are free to look at:p. Ask your room steward to remove them if you want to use the fridge for your own items, as your sail & sign card will be charged if you take them out even if you do not consume them (can be a hassle to remedy)

If you go to Mexico, all purchases are "almost free":D :D

Yes, the robe and towels will be charged to your account if you take them...but if you want to take them, ask for a new one from your cabin steward instead of taking the used ones.

Also, don't forget to tell your kids, especially teenagers that the phone isn't free. We were on a cruise once and our love sick DD called her boyfriend. Luckly, it was only one phone call and wasn't very long, or it could have been very costly:eek: . She knew she wasn't suppose to use the phone but figured it was easier to ask forgiveness. I still wonder if being grounded and having extra chores for 2 months was worth the phone call. Kids, ya gotta love'em.

Archived