Best excursion for 85 yr old..glass bottom boat?

MTdreaming

We are multi-gen group from 22 to 85, and can definitely split up, some are going cave tubing.. looking for another option for the older ones. The 85 year old can walk, not fast but steady (as she says) not good with stairs, can do a few. We were wondering if anyone could recommend a tour or knows about the RCI excursion that includes a "semi-submersible" - picture looks like a boat, glass bottom maybe? and then rendezvous cay.. she could sit and relax if there was some shade and a chair? Help..is there stairs on the boat, or is it ladder type? Thanks...dont' want her to be left out completely

Hi there. When are you sailing? My kids want to take this excursion but I have not seen any good reviews of the glass bottom boat portion of the tour. Would love to hear from somebody who has done it recently.

We are on CCL and sail 08/24.

Thanks!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi there. When are you sailing? My kids want to take this excursion but I have not seen any good reviews of the glass bottom boat portion of the tour. Would love to hear from somebody who has done it recently.

We are on CCL and sail 08/24.

Thanks!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We are on RCI 5/18...when you say you have not seen any good reviews.. do you mean you have seen bad ones? :confused: I too hope someone who has done it will post their experiences here. Enjoy your cruise!

We are on RCI 5/18...when you say you have not seen any good reviews.. do you mean you have seen bad ones? :confused: I too hope someone who has done it will post their experiences here. Enjoy your cruise!

I have only seen the reviews for the Carnival excursions but they seem to be the same. Glass bottom boat then Rendesvous Cay. I have never been and was hoping to see some great reviews.

I have read a lot that mentioned there are two levels of the boat. The people on top switch with the people on the bottom to view. Most of the reviews said they did not see much of anything but the crew was nice and knowledgeable and most enjoyed the island afterwards.

My friends we planning on trying it a few weeks ago on their cruise but one was not feeling great so they just hung out in the Tourism Village had a bite to eat and shopped. Was hoping for a good review.