Sailing on AOS in Oct & have a few ?'s

My DH and I will be sailing to the Southern Caribbean for our First Anniversary. While this will be our second cruise (first on HAL 9/2001), I have a few questions.

1. How much is a taxi from the San Juan airport to the port?

2. Does the Pursar's desk charge a fee to cash traveller's checks?

3. Has anyone used the new Amex Travelers' check card?

4. What did you do with your jewelry when snorkeling? I know fish are attacted to sparkly things & I don't want my diamond to be eaten.:)

I'm sure I'll have more, but any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

My DH and I will be sailing to the Southern Caribbean for our First Anniversary. While this will be our second cruise (first on HAL 9/2001), I have a few questions.

4. What did you do with your jewelry when snorkeling? I know fish are attacted to sparkly things & I don't want my diamond to be eaten.:)

Thanks!

When in October are you going?

1. I have been told it will be about $22.00 for 2 people and luggage.

2. No Charge

3. Don't Know

4. Leave your jewelry in the safe provided for you in your cabin.

Thanks!

1. Don't know.

2. I don't remember any fee to cash traveller's checks.

3. The Amex Travelers' check card can't be used on board, according to it's fine print.

4. I would lock your jewelry in the safe when you go off the ship, especially when you plan to snorkel.

Phoebe92877

What dates in October will you be cruising on AOS?

I ask because my husband and I just booked our cruise on AOS for the 9th through the 16th of October. This is also our first time leaving from PR, we are nervous but very excited.:D

Lock your valuables in the safe in your cabin. I bought a diamond ring in St. Thomas and whenever I was at the pool or at the beach - the diamond was safely stowed away in the safe and I didn't give it a second thought :)

Thanks everyone!

We're sailing on AOS from 10/9 - 10/16. We're flying to PR early that morning.

Our cabin category is an E2. Is this good or bad? I know we're somewhere on deck 6.

I am sooooo excited! We'll wake up on our first anniversary in St. Thomas....:D

Phoebe, we were on deck 6 as well. I think our cabin was like 6676 or something like that. Mario was our cabin steward and he was wonderfully accommodating. You'll like the AOS, it's a lovely ship with lots to do. Unfortunately, we had to leave the cruise in St Maartens, hopefully I'll get back to it someday.

As others have said, put your valuables in your safe before you go ashore. Only take what is necessary. Be safe, not sorry!

Have a great time!

How about another opinion?

I went snorkling on all three of my previous cruises. I never took off my wedding and engagement rings. I had no problem with fish coming at me. I felt totally safe with them on. I am so used to having them on that if I suddenly felt my finger and realized they were gone, I would freak out completely before I remembered that I left them in the safe. And I know, for me, I would not enjoy the rest of my trip until the rings were back on my finger.

Keep them on, you'll be fine.

Phoebe92877 and cochino41 Welcome aboard. Be sure and go to the Meet and Mingle page and sign up for the Meet and Mingle for the week. You two will just about put this week over the top of 25 to get a confirmed M & M.

Archived