Bad Service In Dining Room

We were on the Mariner in July and had excellent service. Our waiter and asst. waiter were very friendly and attentive the entire week. They worked extremely well together. The head waiter not only greeted us at the door each night but he made his rounds at all his tables as well. He was often helping clear plates, checking on guests and teaching our kids brain-teaser tricks. I feel extremely fortunate to have had such wonderful service and tipped well above the recommended. Great service still exists.

The only truely bad service we have had so far was on the Carnival Conquest. I don't have to worry about complaining, comment cards, or tips because I will never sail Carnival again. Kinda simple to me, the service was so bad, they made it an easy decision to avoid them in the future.

Has anyone experinced bad service from your waiters in the dining room? If so what did you do about it? We were so dissappointed we did not go the last couple of nights.Instead of puting up with bad service,we chose to eat at the buffet.

Dear luv4cruzan,

I have not crused a lot (only 3 times) but everytime and on every ship service was really-really good. That is why I am surprised to see your post.

Did you go to the Head Waiter and discuss the problem? Also what exactly was the problem? I read through the thread but I did not find what bothered you.

Since we are scheduled to sail in less than 3 weeks :D I would like to know:

1) What ship were you on?

2) what was the nature of the problem?

Thanx in advance

To defend headwaiters: The guy we had on the Grandeur last summer was great - always around when needed - deshelled shrimp and lobster, deboned chicken, and added his own recommendations to the waiter's advice. Also had a great sense of humor.

Has anyone experinced bad service from your waiters in the dining room? If so what did you do about it? We were so dissappointed we did not go the last couple of nights.Instead of puting up with bad service,we chose to eat at the buffet.

I'd rather deal with bad service than bad buffet food. :D

To defend headwaiters: The guy we had on the Grandeur last summer was great - always around when needed - deshelled shrimp and lobster, deboned chicken, and added his own recommendations to the waiter's advice. Also had a great sense of humor.

I want to echo that. We were on Grandeur last September and our service was excellent. Head waiter even knew our names.

Because of some issues with the other family that we were supposed to sit with, we were moved to a different table (that hapenned even before we set our foot on a boat, we had nothing to do with it.) There were 9 people in that predicament and because we were moved the Head Waiter wanted to make sure that we are compatible with our table mates.

Service was excellent

Archived