MSC and N. America??

joybaby

They better not!!!

I know they have a 19 night cruise from Miami to Brazil on May 19th. Then it returns on Aug 2nd for Caribbean cruises out of Miami.

Maybe they are just heading south to check out some World Cup Soccer!!!

Is MSC leaving North America? Just love this line, so I hope it is only rumor.

Thanks in advance ,Joyce

They said they will leave april 2015 and be back after a summer in the Med and a dry dock in Nov 2015.

Per facebook:

Fort Lauderdale, FL (April 29, 2014) – MSC Cruises is strengthening its commitment to serving the North American market with the deployment of the MSC Divina to the Mediterranean during the summer of 2015. The first of the line’s ships dedicated to North American travelers, MSC Divina will bring its signature service and onboard experiences to the most sought-after Mediterranean seven-night itineraries beginning May 16 through October 3, 2015. Once the summer sailings are completed, MSC Divina will enter dry dock in Europe before returning to Miami in November 2015 to continue the popular seven-night Caribbean departures.

I also spoke with an MSC rep who confirmed this.

Per facebook:

Fort Lauderdale, FL (April 29, 2014) – MSC Cruises is strengthening its commitment to serving the North American market with the deployment of the MSC Divina to the Mediterranean during the summer of 2015. The first of the line’s ships dedicated to North American travelers, MSC Divina will bring its signature service and onboard experiences to the most sought-after Mediterranean seven-night itineraries beginning May 16 through October 3, 2015. Once the summer sailings are completed, MSC Divina will enter dry dock in Europe before returning to Miami in November 2015 to continue the popular seven-night Caribbean departures.

I also spoke with an MSC rep who confirmed this.

If they want to mainly fill the ship each week with North Americans on med sailings that is going to be quite a challenge for them. It will be interesting to see if they will do decent priced fly/cruise packages from NA to Europe to bolster sails. We often get free or discounted flight prices with them for fly g from the UK, to appeal to the UK market.

It will also be interesting to see how many non North Americans will want to book the Divina with it's Americanised slant for med cruises. Guess it am appeal to some. I for one won't be one of them. When I go to the med! it's the Mediterranean way I want to experience. If I wanted a bit of the US, I'd head to the US or book an American line.

Thank you. I am an Amer. who is well traveled and I agree with your statements.

Yikes -- I am Welsh. :) ( still friends, huh???)

Love all of the other cultures.

Must have an open mind when travelling.

Amo - My DH is slipping away..but the one thing I know is how much he loves to cruise. This will be our 17th cruise and I know how much he loves the ocean air. That's why I continue to take him. He is more relaxed on a ship than he is at home. I would LOVE to take him to the Med, but I don't think he could stand the flight.

Amo - My DH is slipping away..but the one thing I know is how much he loves to cruise. This will be our 17th cruise and I know how much he loves the ocean air. That's why I continue to take him. He is more relaxed on a ship than he is at home. I would LOVE to take him to the Med, but I don't think he could stand the flight.

Yes there is just something about being at sea, the gentle sound of the waves and the stillness that seems to bring peace to your very soul.

I'm sorry to hear about hour husband's health failing. It's good that he is still able to get enjoyment from his cruises and spending time with you.

Those long flights are a slog though even for those of us in full health. Pity you can't just take him there and back by ship.

Hope both of you are able to enjoy your cruises wherever they are for some time to come.

• 2 months later...

WOW!!! Just read about MSC's new plans for the Divina. .

I think I dodged a bullet here.;) I had b2b cruises booked on the Divina in late September/October, 2014. I recently cancelled both of them and rebooked on Carnival bc Carnival's is currently not charging solo cruisers double. I am platinum on Carnival and, to be honest, I anticipated being rather bored on the Divina (nothing wrong with Divina at all) but booked the b2b because the Divina price was so low. Carnival's rah-rah, fun-fun atmosphere is more to my liking to be honest.

I am happily anticipating my Carnival B2B ($500 more in total) and, IMPO, do not believe that the staff on the Divina will be all that attentive to the taste and norms of their Miami passengers now that it has become known that Divina will be based out of Europe for most of the year.

I think I dodge a big bullet. Sorry things didn't work out for MSC as they had hoped tho. :(

I think I dodged a bullet here.;) I had b2b cruises booked on the Divina in late September/October, 2014. I recently cancelled both of them and rebooked on Carnival bc Carnival's is currently not charging solo cruisers double. I am platinum on Carnival and, to be honest, I anticipated being rather bored on the Divina (nothing wrong with Divina at all) but booked the b2b because the Divina price was so low. Carnival's rah-rah, fun-fun atmosphere is more to my liking to be honest.

I am happily anticipating my Carnival B2B ($500 more in total) and, IMPO, do not believe that the staff on the Divina will be all that attentive to the taste and norms of their Miami passengers now that it has become known that Divina will be based out of Europe for most of the year.

I think I dodge a big bullet. Sorry things didn't work out for MSC as they had hoped tho. :(

Divina is going to Europe in April of 2015 and will return to Miami in November. We are booked ion the final two voyages in April as well as the first 10 day sailing in November 2015.

mikesa1721

I am in 16006 for the crossing in April 2015, have been in YC on splendida twice, looking forward to this cruise, and hoping the forward location is not a problem as we have always been on the starboard side.

mikesa1721

I am in 16006 for the crossing in April 2015, have been in YC on splendida twice, looking forward to this cruise, and hoping the forward location is not a problem as we have always been on the starboard side.

We love the forward location,,I swear we both have never had a better nights sleep, must be the subtle rocking motion.:)

The Divina will only summer in Europe, the majority of the year the Divina will be in Miami!

About service, it has nothing to do with Miami, American, etc., the service on the Divina isn't in your face/rude!

We gat this type of service when vacationing at higher priced land resorts here in the states!:)

As far as dodging a bullet, you like the Carnival experience, and you should should stick with what you like at a price you're willing to pay!

We have cruised Carnival, and its in our opinion a lower grade cruise then the Divina, and not worth $500. more! :)