Tipping guides for free or low cost tours

Hello. In London (and Copenhagen) we will be doing a number of free tours with Sandemans and other companies. The tours cost between free and 15 pounds. Can anyone tell me what a typical tip would be for free or low cost tours? Thanks!

Hello. In London (and Copenhagen) we will be doing a number of free tours with Sandemans and other companies. The tours cost between free and 15 pounds. Can anyone tell me what a typical tip would be for free or low cost tours? Thanks!

HI, LawGirl,

I took the Free Tours in Buenos Aires and I would say that it depends on how many others are on the tour, as well as how long the tour lasts. The morning city tour had a lot of people and it was difficult to hear and very hot. I gave the Guy $10 USD for 2 hours. In the afternoon, I took a different tour and I was the only one to show up at the Park. It was the other tour Guy's Sister. I gave her $40 for 2 hours because it ended up to be a very personalized tour. ;)

In August, I will be taking the tours in Scotland given by the Volunteers in their Tartans and Kilts in mini-buses. I Probably will give $10 an hour (maybe more) and counting on a small group.