internet access on board Explorer

I am looking forward to my first RCCL in October. I am sailing on Explorer and remember hearing that they offer wireless access for an entire week for the cost of $100. Is this true?

If you're not sure, who do you think I could contact at RCC that would know? If it's the case, I will plan to bring my laptop. If not, there is really no reason for me to lug it along.

thanks,

Tracey

Hi Todd,

We just sailed the Explorer 7/24 - 7/31. They do have wireless internet available in several different locations on the ship, but not in the cabins (public areas and a few of the bars). I don't recall if there was a flat fee usage charge for the entire week. There were a few flat fee usage plans that one could sign up for, same as if one were to use the internet cafe(ie X number of minutes for one set price). Unless you plan to do a lot of computer work onboard (which I hope not since it's a vacation!), it probably wouldn't make much sense to lug it along. The internet connection is kinda sluggish, too. I checked email a couple times during the week ... I think the cost is $0.50 per minute. Also, if you are a Crown and Anchor member, there is a $5.00 internet coupon in the little coupon booklet they give you in your cabin.

Hope this helps, and have a great cruise!

Sharon

Archived