Rental Car in Quebec

Upon disembarking in Quebec, we are thinking about renting a car at the cruise terminal in Quebec, tour the surrounding area for the day, returning the rental car at the Quebec Airport prior to taking a evening flight home.

Would be interested in anyone's experience in picking up the car at the pier and returning it to the airport - cost, convenience and anything else we should know.

My 2 cents on this one is that Quebec City is much better viewed on foot. Near the terminal you have plenty to walk for hours. You wont see any better by driving. Unless you absolutely cannot walk, then I would simply walkthe city and cab to the airport after.

Thanks - We are planning to walk the city on Day One of our Stay in Quebec.

On Day 2 we plan on going farther out of the city. My relatives were originally from Quebec and we want to drive out farther and visit some outlying areas

After doing some more research, I was able to find a rental car company that will allow us to pick up a car at the cruise terminal and return it to the airport.

Would still be inteested in hearing from anyone who has done the same and what their experience(s) were - thanks :)

Edited by bbgran190

After doing some more research, I was able to find a rental car company that will allow us to pick up a car at the cruise terminal and return it to the airport.

Would still be inteested in hearing from anyone who has done the same and what their experience(s) were - thanks :)

Hi,

I see that your post hasn’t gotten an answer yet. While you get an answer from a cruiser, I thought this Trip Advisor thread started by a land based traveller might help.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g155033-i134-k7311773-o20-Outside_of_Quebec_City_Proper-Quebec_City_Quebec.html

Great link - really appreciate you taking the time to post it.

I'm feeling confident that our plans will work.

Thanks for being a part of the Cruise Critic Community. Hope we can return the favor to you sometime.

Great link - really appreciate you taking the time to post it.

I'm feeling confident that our plans will work.

Thanks for being a part of the Cruise Critic Community. Hope we can return the favor to you sometime.

My pleasure. I don't know how comfortable you are driving with road signs in a foreign language but in Québec all signs are in French. Bringing or renting a GPS might be handy.

Good luck with the rest of your planning:)