Best 7-Day Cruise from Galveston for 25th Anniversary?

treblmakr

Hi,

Thinking of taking a 7-day for our 25th Anniversary in November. Since we've never been to any of these places, I'm wondering which cruise would be more romantic: 7-days to Honduras, Belize, Cozumel or 7-days to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel?

Wanting to relax, see beautiful beaches, have a little fun, and be somewhere romantic.

Thanks for your opinions!

I would google which beach related excursions are available with each itinerary.

I can tell you we have been on the Belize/Honduras/Cozumel one.... Now we are snorkeling family, so next time we are doing the great barrier reef there, Mahogany Bay is a beautiful, clean area for relaxing. You don't have to pay extra for chairs, beach access, et pc as that area was built just for the cruises. :-) Cozumel also has some very lovely beaches. Check out Nochi Cocom, Isla Pasion, as well as others.

We are about to do the other cruise you mentioned. :-) We are doing Chankanaab for a day in Cozumel. Great snorkeling there and a lovely quiet place to just chill, but it is also a park with dolphins and other things to see/do.

I'd do the Cayman one. Can't beat those beaches. I'm a little jaded on the Roatan one. We've been there twice in November and both times that port was a complete wash out with heavy thunderstorms ;)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi,

Thinking of taking a 7-day for our 25th Anniversary in November. Since we've never been to any of these places, I'm wondering which cruise would be more romantic: 7-days to Honduras, Belize, Cozumel or 7-days to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel?

Wanting to relax, see beautiful beaches, have a little fun, and be somewhere romantic.

My husband and I did the one to Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Jamaica for our honeymoon last October (end of the month). It was really romantic. We did the Secrets Adult Only Resort in Jamaica, and it was the most amazing day ever! We want to go back! I would definitely recommend that itinerary. Happy 25th!!! :D

We did Jamaica/Cayman/Cozumel out of Galveston on the Magic last month for our 15th anniversary. We loved it! We did a beach/resort at each port. (We had to miss Cayman because of weather and high seas.) There are pictures in my review, the link is in my signature. :)

If you want beaches, I'd do the Jamaica/Grand Cayman itinerary. Belize is a wonderful place, but doesn't have a lot of great beaches. It's good for Mayan ruins or adventure stuff like cave tubing. If you snorkel, Roatan is the place to go, the reef there is beautiful.

Thanks, everyone for your replies! It sounds like the Cayman one is the one to do for romance and great beaches!

We don't really snorkel, we like the beach and the water. Ruins are nice, but it gets hot.

I am going to check out the beach excursions, especially the adults only in jamaica. I have heard some scary things about Jamaica, so we were a little hesitant.

Looking forward to planning our trip.

I would go on the One where the DREAM is the ship.

We have sailed on it four times. It is a lovely, classic ship. I am still in shock that they moved it from Port Canaveral. it always had better sail rates than Miami or Fort Lauderdale.

Fares on the Dream never dropped like ships in other ports. Jacksonville with the Old Fascination..(old but wonderful) also is very popular.

You will love the Dream. If the shows are the same 2 Months ago..March 15

8 More Minutes..country...fabulous

Dancing in the Streets....hip hop..singers..acrobats..fabulous

Divias........all of the greats.

ALL great shows.

Food is good. Steakhouse..best of any I have eaten in...on any line. Choc buffet is last sea day. at Lunch on the Lido. really good.

Staff.wonderful.

We have sailed the Breeze and most of the Newer ships...to me The Dream is the Class of Carnival. Read some reviews.

Edited by AmberTeka

Hi,

We just went the Belize , Cozumel, Costa Maya, Rotan itinerary for one last sail on the Dream. March 15

CoxumeL Daughter, SIL and Grandbaby went to Paradise Island. They enjoyed it. it included lunch, drinks, lounge chair for what she said was a very reasonable price. Baby was free., I stayed on ship. Husband walked around.

Belieze. We kept the baby ( Age 3) while they toured the Mayan Ruins. ( the ones that started with X................) She was pleased with the tour guide. All of her excursions were booked with Carnival. In the W. Caribean, we always do, but that might be just us.

Rotan..We all went to the Garimbno Gardens. Incorrect spelling. It was a great trip. The guide was a Peace Corp Volunteer who did not go home. he made that beautiful Garden. he had tables set up alone the way to show fruits, flowers, talk about things. Gave samples of fresh pineapple. Really good. Great tour.

Costa Maya......Daughter and SIL took the baby swimming. I think they used the public beach and then I think there is a big pool at Margaretville. We stayed on the ship. We have been to all of those ports many times.

It was a very enjoyable cruise.

Edited by AmberTeka

Thanks, everyone for your replies! It sounds like the Cayman one is the one to do for romance and great beaches!

We don't really snorkel, we like the beach and the water. Ruins are nice, but it gets hot.

I am going to check out the beach excursions, especially the adults only in jamaica. I have heard some scary things about Jamaica, so we were a little hesitant.

Looking forward to planning our trip.

Jamaica is very scary. Or so says the USA State Department.

Thanks, Amber. We sail out of Galveston, so the ship is the Magic or Triumph. We've been on the Triumph and I would love to see the Magic.

I keep reading where people get hassled in Jamaica and I just don't want that.

I'm going to check out excursions for both cruises.... still haven't made up my mind.

I have heard that Belize is dangerous, too.

Thanks, Amber. We sail out of Galveston, so the ship is the Magic or Triumph. We've been on the Triumph and I would love to see the Magic.

I keep reading where people get hassled in Jamaica and I just don't want that.

I'm going to check out excursions for both cruises.... still haven't made up my mind.

I have heard that Belize is dangerous, too.

I have been to both Jamaica and Belize. Trust me, Belize is MUCH worse. I have never felt hassled in Jamaica a simple " no thanks" is all it takes. I either go to the ruins in Belize or stay on the ship.

Hi,

You might also consider Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the Seas which has cruises out of Galveston in November. They offer the itineraries you're interested in. A cruise is a great way to celebrate your anniversary.

Here's a link

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/search/vacationSearchResult.do?actionType=&promoType=&location=&portOfCall=&eventSource=date&pageType=AS&dest=CARIB&state=NA&port=&duration=&price=&includeAdjascentPorts=Y&cruiseType=CO&&exp=true

Happy sailing!

Either 7 day cruise is great. The best is Nachi Cocom in Cozumel. Only 100 people a day (book early and online). We renewed our vows on our 20th anniversary on the beach there. PERFECT

My husband and I did the one to Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Jamaica for our honeymoon last October (end of the month). It was really romantic. We did the Secrets Adult Only Resort in Jamaica, and it was the most amazing day ever! We want to go back! I would definitely recommend that itinerary. Happy 25th!!! :D

Secrets is a great romantic choice for Jamaica, SABOR resort in Cozumel also might be what you are looking for. Rum point in GC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We did a 5 day last year and went to Nachi Cocum in Cozumel. It was a wonderful experience and I would go there again for sure.

I saw some nice excursions in Belize for cave tubing. Some friends of mine did it last year and loved it.

Still haven't made up my mind!!!!!! I appreciate all of the input, though.